Stratux ADS-B Dropping in an out

FWIW, I've been flying (both PIC and passenger in a buddy's plane) recently with two tablets;  a Galaxy 7 with FltPln Go and a Galaxy 3 with Avare.   My buddy uses FltPln Go, but configured a bit differently than mine (he has an older version and also has cellular connectivity).  All three of them behave differently, even on long flights connected to the same Stratux, in both my airplane and his.   I've recently switched to using Avare in both tabs because FltPln Go has been so flakey with connectivity to the Stratux (plus some other issues).    FWIW, Avare does also have the occassional connection issue as well, but not bad at all compared to what I was seeing with FltPln and seems to respond well to configuration changes. 

So it appears to have a lot of dependence on which EFB is being used.   It looks like the discussion in the link cited above is primarily focused on ForeFlight.