Please help me find a pre-buy A&P in the vicinity of Stuart

redcatcher27

I'm new to this site but looking forward to many future encounters!  I have my sights set on a late 60 or 70s M20F or J, and 'enjoying the search so far.

And I may have found just what I'm looking for.  It is located at KSUA, Stuart, FL.  The plane is already associated with the Stuart Jet Center FBO there, so I'd prefer to get an unassociated opinion, if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone with Mooney experience in the local area, or someone willing to travel.

Feel free to take me to school.

And thanks in advance for your help. 

You might consider Paul Jimenez (PJ). Well known Mooney Guru in Avon Park (central Florida). Very reasonable prices. Let me know if you need his number. Might consider combining the pre purchase inspection with an annual and just fly the plane to Avon Park, a short hop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Hector said:

You might consider Paul Jimenez (PJ). Well known Mooney Guru in Avon Park (central Florida). Very reasonable prices. Let me know if you need his number. Might consider combining the pre purchase inspection with an annual and just fly the plane to Avon Park, a short hop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's Phil Jimenez, and he does excellent work.

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 5:07 AM, Bert Close said:

I'm new to this site......

Feel free to take me to school.

And thanks in advance for your help.

It's a simple courtesy to let us know what your reaction to advise is, Bert.

School is now out :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As promised, here's my feedback -

I had a great experience with Phil Jimenez at Avon Park, Florida. He did a great pre-buy and really helped me out throughout the process. He was honest and forthright with his opinion of the plane and what he found. Once I decided to purchase the plane, I had him do some elective work for me and I was happy with that too. As other members have indicated here, he not only is a very good and experienced Mooney mechanic and pilot but (maybe even more importantly) he also is just an all around really nice individual.  His prices are very reasonable too. If able, I will be headed back there for my annuals and other major maintenance. 

Thanks also to this mooneyspace community for vectoring me in the right direction. Is there anything NOT to like about Mooneys???