What's the most you've gotten into poll

201er

Accident attention poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's the deepest attention you've gotten into?

• NTSB with fatalities
    • NTSB with major damage
    • NTSB with minor damage
    • FAA but no NTSB
    • News media
    • Local authorities
    • Had an incident but no attention
    • Have not had anything attention worthy

Wondering what proportion of our pilots have been involved in an incident or accident that caught attention from authorities, media, or NTSB. You can vote anonymously if you don't want to talk about it. Or share some details of what it was like. Recommendations if were ever involved in something how to handle it?

Get some wood out, knock on it, and then vote and share your thoughts.

Lost a vacuum pump and a cylinder almost simultaneously. Declared; got priority treatment. FAA called and wanted name of A&P doing repairs (presumably to verify I had a legitimate mechanical failure). No further action.

I had an engine failure once in Colorado. I told ATC I was going to land at a dirt strip below me. About 3 min. after I landed 2 highway patrol cars, a sheriff's car, and ambulance and the entire Larkspur fire department came rolling up the other end of the runway. They seemed disappointed that I landed without incident... The Sheriff accused me of fixing the runway! He said they put mounds of dirt on the runway to keep the drug runners from using it. It was smooth as silk and I thank the drug runners for fixing it but I didn't do it!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I had an engine failure once in Colorado. I told ATC I was going to land at a dirt strip below me. About 3 min. after I landed 2 highway patrol cars, a sheriff's car, and ambulance and the entire Larkspur fire department came rolling up the other end of the runway. They seemed disappointed that I landed without incident... The Sheriff accused me of fixing the runway! He said they put mounds of dirt on the runway to keep the drug runners from using it. It was smooth as silk and I thank the drug runners for fixing it but I didn't do it!

That's an awesome story! :)

Had a partial power loss taking off at the home field on Sunday.   Was able to make it around the pattern and land.   One of the city trucks followed me to my hangar and had me fill my name and phone number on a city airport incident report form. 

Fingers crossed that that's the worst that it gets for me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Was it a sticky mount? Like this?

IMG_0081.jpg

Yes. He was ok with the wing tip but wanted the stabilizer one removed. He wanted a logbook entry for the wingtip and a emailed photo of the logbook entry. They or rather he didn't like it being on a control surface.

53 minutes ago, 201er said:

Keep in mind folks for the poll, we're talking about accidents, incidents, and other mishaps. Ramp checks, pilot deviations, etc are a different story. Unless they were so egregious, they made the evening news :D

I just wanted to belong.  :(