GNS 5870 & IPAD 2

The GNS 5870 has been working just fine with the IPAD2 as with the IPAD , no difference. a lot of pilots using foreflight or other software were concerned over the change. And now with the geo ref. plates(those who like those things) its a great enhancement to the IPAD as an EFB. The GNS 5870 is on Amazon for $97.99 ($129.99 at sporty's) with quick shipping, see the reviews. It was given thumbs up in the November foreflight news letter and February aviation consumer. FYI

there are pro's and cons to each unit as all the reviews have stated. the bad elf can come out or break off and draws power from pin plug in, the GNS has a separate battery power lasting over 10 hours,but blue tooth uses power so its everyones own personal choice. I of course use and endorse the GNS 5870 and my business sells them. I have them on Amazon $97.99 plus shipping as Oasis Pilot Supply, on Ebay same price as PILOT716,(read all my feedback amazon & ebay) and for my Mooniac friends here I will discount if you pay direct to Oasispilotsupply@yahoo.com through paypal. $100, $95 +5 shipping ($2 discount).

anyone can PM me or email me at anytime for more info., Mark

I have a friend who just purchased the GNS 5870 for use with his iPad and he has been unable to get his iPad to recognize the GPS.  He states that he initially received a password message which he ignored (incorrectly) and now the password message no longer appears.  Any suggestions or advice?

tell your friend to delete all blue tooth devices on his IPAD. turn off blue tooth and then turn it back on. after BT is on then turn on GNS 5870 and allow to "pair" this should then bring up the window for the oin # which is always 0000. hope this helps. if not he can email me at- info@oasispilotsupply.com    Mark