SOLD. GTX33ES Remote Mode S transponder

PTK

For sale: GTX33ES remote Mode S Transponder. Excellent condition and ready to install. Removed for upgrade. Includes paperwork and everything needed to install. This is the Remote mounted Mode S transponder to be used with a GTN or a CNX. Details upon request. A steal at 1900$.

Garmin GTX33.

• Remote Mount Mode S Digital Transponder
  • Version Options Available - See Part Number Chart below for more Details
  • IFR certified unit features traffic datalink capability and meets European mandates for Mode S Level 2 surveillance
  • Solid-State Design
  • Delivers up to 250 watts of nominal power output
  • Includes remote ident and auto standby, TIS interface, and altitude monitor with voice alerts
  • With available Extend Squitter (ES), versions of the GTX 33 are a pathway to ADS-B compliance for FAA's proposed Next Gen airspace system
  • Certified to TSO-C166a standards for 1090 MHz extended squitter transmission
  • ES works seamlessly with existing ATC protocols
  • All the features of the standard GTX 33 transponder are retained in the ES version
  • Antenna diversity option is available with GTX 33D versions
  • Traffic data enabled by remote GTX 33 system can be displayed graphically on Garmin's integrated GPS/Comm/Nav systems that provide built-in transponder code selection.

I don’t know what Alan Fox or anyone else has or doesn’t have. That has no bearing on my GTX33 that I’m selling.

But since you are his spokesman and you know, please tell me how many exactly does he have for sale at 300$ because I may consider buying them.

8 minutes ago, PTK said:

I don’t know what Alan Fox or anyone else has or doesn’t have. That has no bearing on my GTX33 that I’m selling.

But since you are his spokesman and you know, please tell me how many exactly does he have for sale at 300$ because I may consider buying them.

Last I checked his eBay ad, there were 10...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N6758N said:

Not to rain on your parade Peter....but the market is flooded with these right now. Alan Fox has a few dozen of them and is selling for $300...

The $300 version doesn't have the ES option (extended squitter) which makes it ADS-B compliant.  That is a $1200 upgrade you have to have installed at the factory.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, markejackson02 said:

The $300 version doesn't have the ES option (extended squitter) which makes it ADS-B compliant.  That is a $1200 upgrade you have to have installed at the factory.

Just now, N6758N said:

My apologies Peter, I sincerely thought I read the post as a 33, not a 33ES. Carry on.

That still makes Alan's box a decent buy. $1500 all in and one gets a Garmin OH, 8130 and an additional warranty for a 2020 compliant add in to a GNS750

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

It's Christmas in October. Our KT76A crapped out and we are already ADS-B compliant through the GDL 88, so these low prices for a late model digital transponders come as a welcome relief.

I have a KT76A in good condition ready to install. 650$ shipped. Rack and connector included, or slide into your existing.

2 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

It's Christmas in October. Our KT76A crapped out and we are already ADS-B compliant through the GDL 88, so these low prices for a late model digital transponders come as a welcome relief.

I have a KT76C that I just removed for an ADS-B upgrade.  I was going to post it for sale here as soon as I got some pictures.