9 Mooney Formation over VA

201er

We flew 9 Mooneys over Suffolk VA on Saturday for the local festival. It was 9 ships in 3 elements A, B, and C. A was a two ship, B a three ship, and I was in the rear with C in the 4 ship. They had me fly C2 which involved doing some cross unders and holding onto lead like a shadow. C3 and C4 joined up in fingertip, went to diamond, and reconfigured fingertip. I crossed to the right for a four ship echelon right followed by an overhead break to landing in trail.

You can watch the entire flight in 360 degrees with cockpit audio here. You can pan and tilt to look in any direction at any time for a real life experience of the view from charlie element. Click the buttons in the top left corner, or grab the video screen with your mouse to change the view, or drag with a finger on the phone (may require youtube app).

Edited by 201er
  • Like 9

35 minutes ago, yvesg said:

It really looks like you wanted to patch a hole with duck tape! Very nice video thanks.

Yves

Oh, I just taped the camera mount to the roof. First time doing that so I didn't take any chances. Like 3 layers of tape. I know in Canada you just use a little maple syrup instead.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, carusoam said:

What is the trick to play the 360° video?

i'm just getting ordinary video with a bent image..l

Best regards,

-a-

Got It...  go to YouTube first....  :)

That is some of the best Mooney flying video yet!

youtube and on your phone or ipad.

Hey I learned how to fly formation with some of those scoundrels. ;-)

Looks like your door's not quite sitting flush with the fuselage either.  

Awesome video.  

A couple of these 360 degree aviation videos I've seen on youtube are quite immersive.