Danb

Yoke sticky , hanging up

Changing the eyeballs (both sides, pilot and copilot) really improved the yoke sliding. 

But now I have to wait for warmer temperature in order to check that the stiffness is totally gone. 

My point was, despite what is written above by other posters, this eyeball should not be lubed. 

Actually lubing this eyeball may damage it but only newer maintenance manuals mention it. 

• Like 1

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Verify your control surfaces aren't sticking to gap seals. I've seen anti-chafe tape come loose and the ailerons stick to gap seals. 

And check that your new eyeballs aren't too tight.  They should be able to rotate easily in their sockets.  The factory used a bunch of small #6 washers as shims between the metal socket pieces to allow the plastic ball halves to move.

So don't think of it as lubing the shafts, think of it as cleaning the shafts with some lubricant that is compatible with the eyeball bearings. They get sticky when they get covered with crud. In all cases they should be wiped as dry as possible after it is done.

It sure makes it easier to fly precisely when they are clean and smooth.