Oxygen refills is Pa/Nj area

Norm,

Stop over and say hello at KXLL in Allentown, we’d love to meet ya, we’ll show you the shop and fill you up for $20.

Best regards,

Dave

[edit - that’s an exclusive super secret Mooneyspace fanboy only deal, so no 737’s! lol ]

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Little Dipper said:

It cost me 100 bucks to fill  the built in oxygen tank in my Ovation which I thought was too steep.    Anyone in eastern Pa/NJ have a FBO that fills the tanks.   If so, how much do they charge you?

Norm

N995K

Norm - 4 of us have setup a 3 tank O2 fill system at my airport (N57). We don’t have the adapter for your external fill port, but if you want to buy the adapter and want to be part of the group let me know. The O2 isn’t expensive, but we the rent tanks. I own the transfill hardware. 

You can see the tanks in the background of this picture. How big is your cylinder?

004CE367-9D5D-44D2-A5C3-BAEBFB995113.thumb.jpeg.ffc649f57a2c42a5df9133d0aa764144.jpeg

19 hours ago, DVA said:

Norm,

Stop over and say hello at KXLL in Allentown, we’d love to meet ya, we’ll show you the shop and fill you up for $20.

Best regards,

Dave

[edit - that’s an exclusive super secret Mooneyspace fanboy only deal, so no 737’s! lol ]

Thanks I will.  I'm based just a bit down the sky at KCKZ

6 hours ago, Mark89114 said:

The other thing to note is make sure they fill it up, if their tanks are low you won't get a full charge.  Learned that the hard way, also told FBO wouldn't be getting any more of my business.  Only got 1/3 of what I thought I should get.  

Yep make sure you check your gauge before paying, I had LNS. Fill mine last year, half full.

1 hour ago, 201er said:

How much are you taking per hit if you byoa?

Depends on the size of the cylinder. We have been charging ourselves $10 per 9 cu.ft. refills primarily because of the cylinder rental costs.  I was paying $30 to have the local gas shop fill it. I would drop it off and then pick it up a couple of days later.

The more people we have in on the cylinder rentals, the lower we can go on the fill ups. The gas is cheap, it’s the cost of the transfill equipment, cylinder rental/purchase and adapters that drive the initial costs. 

The 4 of us who are in this all have smaller cylinders (I have a 9 and 27 cu. ft.). 

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

Depends on the size of the cylinder. We have been charging ourselves $10 per 9 cu.ft. refills primarily because of the cylinder rental costs.  I was paying $30 to have the local gas shop fill it. I would drop it off and then pick it up a couple of days later.

The more people we have in on the cylinder rentals, the lower we can go on the fill ups. The gas is cheap, it’s the cost of the transfill equipment, cylinder rental/purchase and adapters that drive the initial costs. 

The 4 of us who are in this all have smaller cylinders (I have a 9 and 27 cu. ft.). 

Mines a little portable one so I always get royally ripped off cause it barely takes any gas but they charge flat rate for the process. Where do you keep it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 3:38 PM, DVA said:

Norm,

Best regards,

Dave

I stopped in at Dave's place Van Allen at KXLL.   Nice clean shop with fast courteous service.  I will be a repeat customer.

Norm

N995K

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Bob_Belville said:

I bought 2 150 cf tanks from AirGas for cascading. About once every 2 years I exchange the lower tank for under $30. No rental  

Is this a state by state thing?? In Indiana AirGas and a couple of other Oxy sources tell me I can't purchase any cylinders over 80CF and that I'd have to lease them. $150/each for 5 yrs.  I keep dragging my feet.. seems spendy, but my wife has breathing issues and HAS to be on O2 over 4,000ft.  Cant tell you how many times I've had to search for a supply, and of course no one is around to do it on weekends.

4 minutes ago, Eraaen said:

Is this a state by state thing?? In Indiana AirGas and a couple of other Oxy sources tell me I can't purchase any cylinders over 80CF and that I'd have to lease them. $150/each for 5 yrs.  I keep dragging my feet.. seems spendy, but my wife has breathing issues and HAS to be on O2 over 4,000ft.  Cant tell you how many times I've had to search for a supply, and of course no one is around to do it on weekends.

Hum, will they fill or exchange a larger tank if you have it? It looks like AirGas is in Anderson IN. I'd ask them about it. Their Hickory NC "store" sells and exchanges 150 cf tanks. (They also rent but it is not necessary.) Perhaps one of the larger outlets around Indianapolis stocks the larger tanks. I don't have to exchange a tank more often than once a year so making a run to swap is no big deal. FWIW, I initially made vague reference to my home welding shop rather than my airplane but I don't know that they cared.