Mooney Wake

201er

Great party!

Seth did a great job with the outdoor cooking. A master of the propane BBQ!

One of the other guys on the passenger side wing is Paul, a NJMPer.

Tim C also brought a guest.

Standing up on the wing was a bit funny at first...  but when you see a cross section of the support structural parts that are inside the wing, you know it will take a lot of force to make it fail...

It was really great to actually fly to a Mooney fly in.  The first time I met all these people at a fly-in, I drove a Chevy.... or went with Marauder, or flew with 201er...

Weather was great, food was fabulous, Mooney people are spectacular...

It didn't take long to forget it was a wake.  God bless that little E, and thanks for bringing us together for the day.... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

I can't make out faces but that looks like Becca so I assume Byron - Jetdriven is there...

Yep, that's me, with Byron (jetdriven) standing inboard of me in the green shirt.  It was a beautiful day and a nice welcome to our new digs in this part of the country.

Here's a more close up picture of Byron.  He wants it titled "new idea for airport camping," but I'm going with "in the dog house."  The wing is apparently going to be a new desk for me, because airplane parts make the best furniture?

22554842_10210843913189893_8763525015229086492_n.jpg

22555018_10210843912509876_6374210421256372947_n.jpg

22552791_10210843912429874_4973571856838190561_n.jpg

Edited by Becca

Becca, It was great to meet you this weekend.  I had flown with Byron a while ago...

I saw a few tables last night, that were essentially welded legs to put under a natural surface.

See if you can fashion some of the M20E's tubing into some legs... that would make a complete Mooney table!

Don's welding thread got me thinking...

how about a mobile desk using actual landing gear?  :)

Fancy red paint to match the M20J in the hangar....

Best regards,

-a-