Mooney Wake

201er

Dear Mooneyspace,

The Grim Reaper cordially invites you to the wake of N900TL, the first E model on Saturday October 21, 2017 at N71 (Donegal Springs Airport, Near Harrisburg PA). Bring your screw guns and chainsaws. Black attire recommended. BBQ and festivities. Get your hand on this historic aircraft before it is scrap!

firste_4.jpg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 201er said:

You've been to the Mooney Summit. Now come to the Mooney Wake. Thinning the breed

You mean "thinning the herd" :)

Alan suggested donating the registration plate to the Mooney Summit Silent auction. What a great idea! Thanks 'reaper!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sabremech said:

Another reminder for Alan that I'd like the firewall and maybe the engine mount from this bird! 

David

I have already drilled the perimeter rivets , when I remove the engine and mount , I should be able to remove in tact..

• Like 1

Man - wish I could make this one.  Sadly I'll be out of town for work.  I've seen that plane many times and love the shop where it sits - they brought my M20C panel into  the modern era. And the shop owner Ben is a  worthy addition to the Mooney owner community.  I wonder how much progress he's made on the M20C he took in trade for this dead E - it's gonna be the most tricked out C in existence when he's done with it.  

I have heard a rumor that the Grim Reaper will be serving gourmet burgers and refreshments all courtesy of Grim Inc. Not only will he wine and dine but he will also be offering up amusements and entertainment. Come out this Saturday for a goolish time. Lunch at noon, cutting up a Mooney all day long starting 8AM. Bring your appetites, saws, and sickles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 201er said:

I have heard a rumor that the Grim Reaper will be serving gourmet burgers and refreshments all courtesy of Grim Inc. Not only will he wine and dine but he will also be offering up amusements and entertainment. Come out this Saturday for a goolish time. Lunch at noon, cutting up a Mooney all day long starting 8AM. Bring your appetites, saws, and sickles.

Why do it now when Halloween is a couple of weeks away....

I'll be there.  Alan is donating the Data Plate for auction at Mooney Summit VI.  

It'll be an all day affair.

Airport is N71, time . . . Alan will get there by 8:00 ish.  We'll have a few snacks for breakfast for those who want to join on the early side.  11:00 to 1:00 will be when we expect the most people and will have the grill going.

Please bring something with you potluck style so we have enough food for everyone.

So far we have:

Alan

Mike

Seth

Terry

Tim

Who else is coming?

-Seth

Edited by Seth

9 hours ago, Seth said:

I'll be there.  Alan is donating the Data Plate for auction at Mooney Summit VI.  

It'll be an all day affair.

Airport is N71, time . . . Alan will get there by 8:00 ish.  We'll have a few snacks for breakfast for those who want to join on the early side.  11:00 to 1:00 will be when we expect the most people and will have the grill going.

Please bring something with you potluck style so we have enough food for everyone.

So far we have:

Alan

Mike

Seth

Who else is coming?

-Seth

I should be there Seth!

• Like 1

Just now, Marauder said:

Chris will be there if he can shake this cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Chris - Would love to see you but be safe - if you feel airworthy due to the cold - don't fly.  No sweat if you can't make it.  If you feel great when you wake up tomorrow - it'll be fun catching up!

Be safe!

-Seth

Byron (jetdriven) and I will be there.  More shockingly, apparently we will be driving because our Mooney 1. Has no engine, 2. is in Texas (and we're in D.C.).  This BBQ better be good and chopping up dead Mooneys sure better be cathartic, because a 2 hr drive is decidedly less fun than a 45 minute flight :)

(Also, a childhood in Pennsylvania is coming back to me... BBQ means "cooked outside" to yankees.  To Texans like Byron it has a specific meaning of meat smoked for a number of hours.  I will explain to him not to be disappointed if in this context it simply means "cooked outside."  He's getting used to this northern living still).

Edited by Becca
  • Like 2