Garmin GTN650/ Lynx L3 upgrade

Just had new items put in the plane....the Garmin GTN650 with the Lynx L3 transponder....like anything else there is a real learning curve, but I do like the layout and the touch screen is really nice as long as it isn't too turbulent.  It was more money than I wanted to spend, but it is what I wanted.

2017-10-04 09.11.30.jpg

2017-09-14 14.00.02.jpg

• Like 5

danb...

I bought the plane in June...I am a student pilot...I did fly for 65 hours in 1976, but never got my license.   I am hoping to do my checkride before the end of October.   Plane goes in for its annual in mid Nov...and I intend to fix a few long term items and hopefully I will have ticket and plane ready by December 1st.... I would like to join you for a group breakfast...once the dust settles.

1 hour ago, larrynimmo said:

danb...

I bought the plane in June...I am a student pilot...I did fly for 65 hours in 1976, but never got my license.   I am hoping to do my checkride before the end of October.   Plane goes in for its annual in mid Nov...and I intend to fix a few long term items and hopefully I will have ticket and plane ready by December 1st.... I would like to join you for a group breakfast...once the dust settles.

Nice setup. I’m based a little further north than Dan (N57). There is a Mooney Yahoo group that we use for the Mooney fly-ins. Send 201er @201er a PM and he will tell you how to sign up. 

I have the same 650/L-3 9000 combo. Once you figure it out, you find it is a great set of tools. 

E086EA01-B44D-4CC7-A01A-6786FAF27715.thumb.jpeg.1e07ad9491eef76043ad19f0de4acc32.jpeg

9 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

I bought the exact same setup this Spring. What Garmin update package did you decide to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do assume you mean map update package....I will not be updating until I have to....as a student pilot, I am using my foreflight I pad and paper chart as my official navigation device.   Once I get my ticket, I will be working right away to get my instrument rating.  At that point I will have to come to grips with the expense of a map update plan.

9 hours ago, Marauder said:

Nice setup. I’m based a little further north than Dan (N57). There is a Mooney Yahoo group that we use for the Mooney fly-ins. Send 201er @201er a PM and he will tell you how to sign up. 

I have the same 650/L-3 9000 combo. Once you figure it out, you find it is a great set of tools. 

E086EA01-B44D-4CC7-A01A-6786FAF27715.thumb.jpeg.1e07ad9491eef76043ad19f0de4acc32.jpeg

your installation served as my inspiration....however I could only go so far with my limited funds.  and I do like my little volt meter...

• Like 1