Where do you purchase your oil?

On the south side of Atlanta, Eastside Petroleum sells at a very favorable price.  

Call  Bill at (770) 227-6462 for price and availability.  He can usually set up a delivery to 6A2, the Griffin airport if you want to swoop in and pick it up.  

I use http://petroleumservicecompany.com/ -- comes $61/case with shipping for a case of Philips if buying two cases at a time. This ships from Wilkes Barre, PA so probably most cost effective on the east coast. Although, I'm not sure if they have multiple shipping facilities.

Edited by AlexLev
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kpaul said:

I don't know where you are located or brand preferences, however @thomas1142 flew into Evergreen AL and bought Philips 66 directly from the factory - Hunter Oil I believe.

1 hour ago, Mooneymite said:

On the south side of Atlanta, Eastside Petroleum sells at a very favorable price.  

Call  Bill at (770) 227-6462 for price and availability.  He can usually set up a delivery to 6A2, the Griffin airport if you want to swoop in and pick it up.  

I'll check both of these the next time. I've been flying ~40 minutes to Spruce, getting oil, filters and "stuff," then taking my wife to lunch. The flight costs about the same as shipping for 2 cases.

Drove to Oshkosh this year as I picked up a large piece of art my niece had made in Randolph and then headed North.  Car was pretty packed, but I probably could have gotten a case in there...The hassle would be shlepping it around EAA grounds and back to car on bus in parking lot.  Probably "Not do-able"...

GREAT price though!

I have a retailer of aircraft parts, etc. right across from my hangar at RBD (Dallas Executive). I am so pleased to have someone available for the occasional nut, bolt or part I need, I try to support him when I can. I try not to think of how much $ I am spending to buy oil and filters from him.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hank said:

I'll check both of these the next time. I've been flying ~40 minutes to Spruce, getting oil, filters and "stuff," then taking my wife to lunch. The flight costs about the same as shipping for 2 cases.

Yup, Hunter Oil Company. 423-698-4066. The company is based in Chattanooga, TN, so when you call the make sure they are aware that you want to get your oil at Evergreen, or you might make  the trip when they are not there.  I know a guy......

Anyway... a case of P66 X/C 20W50 cost me $54.32, that includes fees and tax. 

Courtesy car is available at the airport and warehouse is only 5 miles away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great thread!  I've been buying from oil-store.com for more than a decade.  Their product price is very competitive but shipping seems to consistently creep up.

I just shopped Aeroshell 15W50 at both oil-store.com and PSC (see AlexLev post above).  Oil-store had lower product price but after adding shipping, PSC had a lower cost be nearly $10/case.

I think I've found a new oil vendor!

Edited by jdrake
typo
  • Like 2

I buy a couple of cases at a time from petroleum services company in PA.  Great prices and super fast shipping (usually goes out the same day).  

There is a field that has Friday  free lunch, a dollar off gas and cases of oil that match PSC nearby so I’m looking forward to visiting next time.  

• Like 1

What

13 hours ago, bradp said:

I buy a couple of cases at a time from petroleum services company in PA.  Great prices and super fast shipping (usually goes out the same day).  

There is a field that has Friday  free lunch, a dollar off gas and cases of oil that match PSC nearby so I’m looking forward to visiting next time.  

Which airfield?

-Seth