Garmin New Product Announcement Webinar 10/3

I guess I’m the only one on this forum who is excited about this offering. Looks to be perfect for the individual who has a nice panel and is looking to add a pfd. Probably real world pricing will be around $17.5 k for a 10 inch display w/ svt.  This is for a real certified tso’d unit that will probably be certified in 600 aircraft before the skyview clears the 172 install.  If the ki300 is ever produced it might make a perfect pair in the ovations and bravos. 

I guess I’m the only one on this forum who is excited about this offering. Looks to be perfect for the individual who has a nice panel and is looking to add a pfd. Probably real world pricing will be around $17.5 k for a 10 inch display w/ svt.  This is for a real certified tso’d unit that will probably be certified in 600 aircraft before the skyview clears the 172 install.  If the ki300 is ever produced it might make a perfect pair in the ovations and bravos. 

Don't forget the other boxes: GMU 44,GTP 59, GAD 43e, GSU 75, and the EIS $5000.

1 hour ago, Piloto said:

For $3K you can get an 80" HDTV and recliner to enjoy all those videos with your family in your plane. Check with the boss.

Don't forget about the cool airbrushed cat T shirt. 

Garmin said let them eat cake.  Maybe I can pickup some crumbs on the used market.  Wonder if anyone is exploring a 337 for a G3X.  Totally useless for the majority of our fleet.

• Like 1

Im

genuinly disappointed.  I was very much looking forward to the fantastic g3x at a price I would actually pay for it.  The appearance of the sky view possibility made me think even more so that garmin would want to make a some money selling me what I would buy.. looks like they had another idea - garmin thinks I'll be spending 100k for their cake.  

Let them eat cake indeed.  Well said.

Edited by aviatoreb

1 hour ago, teejayevans said:

Don't forget the other boxes: GMU 44,GTP 59, GAD 43e, GSU 75, and the EIS $5000.

Most have a JPI already and the other items are included minus the 43 which would not be needed with a ki300 backup.  So IF a plane has a good AP, etc the txi series might be a cost effective option.

11 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Im

genuinly disappointed.  I was very much looking forward to the fantastic g3x at a price I would actually pay for it.  The appearance of the sky view possibility made me think even more so that garmin would want to make a some money selling me what I would buy.. looks like they had another idea - garmin thinks I'll be spending 100k for their cake.  

Let them eat cake indeed.  Well said.

I too was hoping for a certified G3X!  I must have been delusional to think that it might actually happen!  Disappointing!

• Like 1

Hmmmm...... so I'm looking at this video

http://sarasotaavionics.com/garmin-gfc-600

See the second video.  Looks really super nice with the dual G5.  What will that be?  I am reading $8800 for the parts.  Really?  That's not so bad for two g5 and autopilot.  I don't think that includes trim servo or install of course. And some interface boxes.

2 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

See the second video.  Looks really super nice with the dual G5.  What will that be?  I am reading $8800 for the parts.  Really?  That's not so bad for two g5 and autopilot.  I don't think that includes trim servo or install of course. And some interface boxes.

The AP is 7k and the dual g5’s come in at 5k. The total I come up with is 12k for the parts.

Notice the G5 in the bonanza backing up the old G500 pfd?  Also notice the panel cutout around the old G500, probably about the same size as the new G500. 

1 minute ago, teejayevans said:

The G5 cannot be a backup for the 500. But a G5 can backup a G5, dual G5s eliminate the vacuum pump.

A G500 can backup another G500.

So if I install dual G5s, move my legacy airspeed and altitude gauges over to the copilot side, can I install a G3X for situation awareness only emoji6.png?

A good idea but the g5 is not a primary source of airspeed or altitude. You need to keep the old stuff close. 

Garmin released the TXi iPad app. It's very buggy, but gives you a good idea of how it looks. IMG_0817.thumb.PNG.5eeec1f52a10ea9bcbf0320e7355355a.PNG

Garmin's panicked answer to the Skyview STC. Just like the G5. Gotta LOVE competition in the avionics market!

When Garmin gets their head out of the clouds I will consider putting Garmin stuff in my airplane.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

Garmin's panicked answer to the Skyview STC. Just like the G5. Gotta LOVE competition in the avionics market!

When Garmin gets their head out of the clouds I will consider putting Garmin stuff in my airplane.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not sure about that.  My bet is that the TXI system has been in development for years as a natural development process from the old G500.  A touchscreen upgrade certainly makes sense.

I don't believe Garmin would release with a low cost solution unless the competitive environment would require it.  Before Dynon, the Garmin was the only alternative for a large screen PFD.  Aspen was an option, but Garmin was the premium product.

The introduction of the Dynon solution, assuming the STC is eventually released, will bring an alternative large screen PFD/MFD that can compete with Garmin.  Garmin will eventually respond- it's just a matter of timing.  We'll see how the prospect of a Dynon system affects sales of the G500 system.  The G600/G700 TXI is the best option for larger aircraft- for that reason I suspect Garmin will release an evolution of the G3X for piston single aircraft.  If Garmin were to reduce the cost of the G500 to comparable pricing to Dynon, it would rightly upset G600 and G700 customers- I expect Garmin to try to segment the market based on TSO'd and non-TSO'd equipment.

Dual 10" displays will be an interesting alternative for Cirrus aircraft with Avidyne systems.

I've heard the TXi line was originally planned to release in 2015, so yes, it's been in development for quite a while!

I expect a different response after Dynon gets their STC, which is now past the time frame I was told at OSH. Hopefully they're close.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

The iPad version indicates that it is using IAS, not gps derived?

Is that blue toothed to an air data computer?

Best regards,

-a-

It's a training app- can't use it in the cockpit.  It only simulates what the G500TXI would look like.

• Like 2