Garmin New Product Announcement Webinar 10/3

5 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Sounds like that may be the only way to get a GFC500.

How much?

I'm sort of disappointed - I wanted G3X.

Meh - I want even more the digital autopilot with upset recovery and envelope protection.  I will probably spend less money with their "poor boy sandwich" G5+GFC500

11 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Argh - its coming - it was on stop because of the construction argument between the airport, the state, and the construction company, that ended up literally parked and dusty tore up the tarmac etc in front of the paint company's hangar.  At least they were good not to paint through that.  They wrapped my plane in plastic for months and it was stuck.....half taken apart, stripped, undercoat painted, and then trapped in the world of dust and construction arguments.  So the paint is back underway!  :-O  This month....  Anyway a new special kind of product came out that is being added to the paint - top secret surprise....

that sucks man, sorry to hear.

Just now, peevee said:

that sucks man, sorry to hear.

Thanks - it has sucked!  :-(  Well - anyway I guess my paint job is almost free now!  (From savings from zero direct operating costs over many months now).  Its gonna be gorgeous - wait till you see the magic paint I picked - its truly like nothing I have ever seen.  Top secret.

1 minute ago, aviatoreb said:

Thanks - it has sucked!  :-(  Well - anyway I guess my paint job is almost free now!  (From savings from zero direct operating costs over many months now).  Its gonna be gorgeous - wait till you see the magic paint I picked - its truly like nothing I have ever seen.  Top secret.

Better copyright it :D

we may be plane free by the weekend if all goes well. once the rocket is gone, no point in hanging around here anymore I guess.

• Like 1

Everything is priced individually. The AP will be a separate purchase. 

4 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

What did they say about autopilots - is this system including autopilots or in addition to autopilots or what?

and what did they say when available?  Third quarter 2017?

36 minutes ago, KSMooniac said:

I specifically asked about possible GFC500 integration in lieu of the G5 and it was deflected... I bet when GFC600 sales slow (or don't take off) then such an option might be offered to us.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I asked was was told clearly that the g500 TXI only integrates with the gfc600.

20 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

TXIs are expected to be certified soon, they are not available yet.
The G600 TXI and the 600 AP, all in, will be close to $100K installed.
I hate the redundant use of 500/600 numbers. Especially silly considering the TXI 500 doesn't work with the GFC 500.

Doh!

Do they plan on anything for us ... less than 100k?

Trutrek is looking pretty good!

25 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

TXIs are expected to be certified soon, they are not available yet.
The G600 TXI and the 600 AP, all in, will be close to $100K installed.
I hate the redundant use of 500/600 numbers. Especially silly considering the TXI 500 doesn't work with the GFC 500.

Get a GPU to play with it in the hangar because there will be no money left for fuel.:(

José