Oxygen Gauge

buddy

I think I may have a leak in my oxygen gauge in my Ovation, does anyone know of a company that overhauls these gauges? I called Lasar they didn't have one so they called Mooney and got back to me with a price of $2,400 + and a 3 week lead time. The price seems outrageous and so does the 3 week lead time.

The gauge you have is made by Pacific Precision Products which was acquired by Zodiac in 2014, The 231 specifies both the Scott and PPP gauges. Now Zodiac owns both Scott and PPP.

It would be easy to retrofit the Scott gauge into your plane, but if you want to stay strictly with the parts manual you will most likely have to spend the big bucks.

Why do you think the gauge is leaking? They normally don't.

Ok I found the leak and it was my fill valve a lot cheaper than the gauge $400 instead of $2500. I bought the valve through Lasar. I checked this valve a few times and did not find it leaking, this time I had a little soap on my finger when I unscrewed the cap and covered the opening with my soapy finger I saw small bubbles.

31 minutes ago, buddy said:

Ok I found the leak and it was my fill valve a lot cheaper than the gauge $400 instead of $2500. I bought the valve through Lasar. I checked this valve a few times and did not find it leaking, this time I had a little soap on my finger when I unscrewed the cap and covered the opening with my soapy finger I saw small bubbles.

Always glad to hear of a favorable outcome.

we fought some leaks after our tank was out for hydro at annual.

If it's leaking even with the valve off, I'd get some leak fluid and check all the fittings in the bay, the one where the fill port comes in, and the one that goes to the gauge. Ours didn't get tightened enough and leaked.