Aspen SVT Database

Marauder

Being the sucker for new technology, I took advantage of the Aspen SVT promotion. I noticed the SVT on the PFD has a database cycle window that now comes up. I have an MFD with the Jepp nav database. Does anyone know if the Jepp database option for the MFD also satisfies the SVT database requirement for the PFD? And is it like loading the MFD? (i.e. using the JDM software to load it).

10 minutes ago, peevee said:

man, I can't remember.

IIRC the SV database is the same as the terrain database and that only updates like once a year and is separate, but my memory is hazy.

I have the Jepp Nav database and it allows me to do 3 updates (presumably one update if  I had 3 units). I downloaded this to the SVT chip that came with the upgrade and it showed the Nav updated. I’ll fly tonight to see if the SVT dB works. 

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I have the Jepp Nav database and it allows me to do 3 updates (presumably one update if  I had 3 units). I downloaded this to the SVT chip that came with the upgrade and it showed the Nav updated. I’ll fly tonight to see if the SVT dB works. 

I don't know why the aspen databases have to be so complicated.

• Like 1