I Used To Fly A Cessna C140...

pilot_jb

...and I loved it!  However, I have a wife and two young adults in my family, and decided it was time to upgrade to a platform that would allow me to include them in my passion more regularly. So, I bought a 1967 M20F!

I intend to fly the hell out of her while I finish my Instrument, Commercial, and CFI ratings, and travelling more often with them.

It's going to be another beautiful, hot, day here in MI, so I'm going up with my CFI for the third time today to work on satisfying the insurance requirement.  My hope is to be able to start working on the required solo hours after todays flight.

Anyway, I've been watching the board for a few weeks.  Seems like a pretty great group of owners and enthusiasts.  I'm proud to be part of the club.  

JB

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0736.jpg

Edited by pilot_jb
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

Very nice.  I'm right next door at Y47.

Oakland Southwest is right down the street from my office, which is near Old Wixom and Pontiac Trail.  Hell, there may still be a flyer hanging in the FBO from when I was trying to sell  my Cessna.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cliffy said:

Had a C-140 for 22 years Went to a Mooney and didn't look back

Great traveling machine. Did 5+ hrs yesterday and will do @3 tomorrow.

Welcome.

That little taildragger was the best form of stress relief I've found.  I loved being able to leave the office after a hectic day and putz around.  Flying low and slow...everything else just melts away.  But, my mission has changed considerably.  It's become very important to me to finish my ratings and make regular trips top the Nashville area.  It was a REALLY sad day when my 140 flew away under the control of her new caretaker, but I already LOVE flying the Mooney.  

3 hours ago, pilot_jb said:

That little taildragger was the best form of stress relief I've found.  I loved being able to leave the office after a hectic day and putz around.  Flying low and slow...everything else just melts away.  But, my mission has changed considerably.  It's become very important to me to finish my ratings and make regular trips top the Nashville area.  It was a REALLY sad day when my 140 flew away under the control of her new caretaker, but I already LOVE flying the Mooney.  

Our Mooneys can putz around, too, but unlike ma y ithers  we can also get up and go when we want to.

I give rides on Airport Day with mostly 60s and 70s vintage Skyhawks, I just set 2300 and reduce throttle to ~17" (use your Instrument Approach 90 knot power setting) and putz along with them.

3 hours ago, Danb said:

Welcome JB, you'll fall in love with the Mooney mania, great planes, hope to see you at a Mooney event btw a biggie in Florida this weekend if you want to exercise your new wings.

I’m working on meeting the insurance requirement at the moment; one more flight with my CFI, and then 5 solo and I’m good to go. I’m definitely thinking about Sun ‘N Fun ‘18 though. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Our Mooneys can putz around, too, but unlike ma y ithers  we can also get up and go when we want to.

I give rides on Airport Day with mostly 60s and 70s vintage Skyhawks, I just set 2300 and reduce throttle to ~17" (use your Instrument Approach 90 knot power setting) and putz along with them.

I can’t wait to start participating in Young Eagle flights! I was never comfortable giving rides in the 140 due to the low gross weight.