Patriot1

Home & hangar for sale near Atlanta

On 6/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, Mooneymite said:

One of the things that helps keep dues low is that all streets are county roads which the county allows us to taxi on...so, no street maintenance issues.

That's a big one right there,  I pay 100/quarter for Road Dues alone. 

The size of your community must help reduce the costs per lot pretty significantly as well.

Edited by Culver LFA
  • Like 1

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

On 6/29/2018 at 2:40 PM, Mooneymite said:

Even though Bill sold his place, another property is just about to be offered for sale.  We've had two Mooney owners re-locate this year and I'm hoping replacement Mooney owners move in to keep the neighborhood "high class". :D

Perhaps you should consider changing the name to Mooney's Landing?

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 8:02 AM, tony said:

Perhaps you should consider changing the name to Mooney's Landing?

I tried, but the non-Mooney majority soundly beat my proposal into the turf!

The last three properties that have sold in our community never went on the market.  They sold word-of-mouth very quickly.  Right now fly-in property seems hot, but it was going pretty cheap during the great recession. :wacko:  Just like airplanes.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:17 AM, Mooneymite said:

I tried, but the non-Mooney majority soundly beat my proposal into the turf!

The last three properties that have sold in our community never went on the market.  They sold word-of-mouth very quickly.  Right now fly-in property seems hot, but it was going pretty cheap during the great recession. :wacko:  Just like airplanes.

I think you live in a successful example.  They're trying to get one established locally, and it's been very slow.  In fact, one of the lots is selling for $13k.  They're just isn't much demand here.  The airport, on the other hand is doing well with a waiting list for hangars.

• Like 1