Home & hangar for sale near Atlanta

Patriot1

On 6/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, Mooneymite said:

One of the things that helps keep dues low is that all streets are county roads which the county allows us to taxi on...so, no street maintenance issues.

That's a big one right there,  I pay 100/quarter for Road Dues alone. 

The size of your community must help reduce the costs per lot pretty significantly as well.

Edited by Culver LFA
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 2:40 PM, Mooneymite said:

Even though Bill sold his place, another property is just about to be offered for sale.  We've had two Mooney owners re-locate this year and I'm hoping replacement Mooney owners move in to keep the neighborhood "high class". :D

Perhaps you should consider changing the name to Mooney's Landing?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/4/2018 at 8:02 AM, tony said:

Perhaps you should consider changing the name to Mooney's Landing?

I tried, but the non-Mooney majority soundly beat my proposal into the turf!

The last three properties that have sold in our community never went on the market.  They sold word-of-mouth very quickly.  Right now fly-in property seems hot, but it was going pretty cheap during the great recession. :wacko:  Just like airplanes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 11:17 AM, Mooneymite said:

I tried, but the non-Mooney majority soundly beat my proposal into the turf!

The last three properties that have sold in our community never went on the market.  They sold word-of-mouth very quickly.  Right now fly-in property seems hot, but it was going pretty cheap during the great recession. :wacko:  Just like airplanes.

I think you live in a successful example.  They're trying to get one established locally, and it's been very slow.  In fact, one of the lots is selling for $13k.  They're just isn't much demand here.  The airport, on the other hand is doing well with a waiting list for hangars.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Update:  a different property just came up for rent.  If anyone wanted to test the waters, renting in a fly-in community may be the way to go.

Disclaimer:  I have no financial interest in this property.

• 1 month later...

This one just came up FSBO.  Again, I have no connection with the sale.  It is in my neighborhood.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4-Teal-Ct-Locust-Grove-GA-30248/14912909_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappemail&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 11:23 AM, Mooneymite said:

This one just came up FSBO.  Again, I have no connection with the sale.  It is in my neighborhood.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4-Teal-Ct-Locust-Grove-GA-30248/14912909_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappemail&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

I dunno Gus.  It looks like everyone started leaving when you and Martha moved into the neighborhood.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rbridges said:

I dunno Gus.  It looks like everyone started leaving when you and Martha moved into the neighborhood.  :lol:

It was our plan all along to have the runway and facilities to ourselves.  Cheaper than building our own.  :P

We've been jerks for 22 years, but we've still got some really tenacious neighbors!  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/29/2020 at 11:23 AM, Mooneymite said:

It looks like you taxi behind the houses along a mostly grass taxiway, it’s hard to tell from satellite pictures, how wide is the taxiway?  Looks like trees are both sides. How smooth is the runway/taxiways? Does it drain well?

On 11/8/2020 at 9:39 AM, ArtVandelay said:

It looks like you taxi behind the houses along a mostly grass taxiway, it’s hard to tell from satellite pictures, how wide is the taxiway?  Looks like trees are both sides. How smooth is the runway/taxiways? Does it drain well?

There's more info on the web site.  The covenants will probably answer a lot of questions:  mallardslanding.us

Everyone is either on the runway, or has access to the runway via taxiways (easements over private property), or via the county maintained streets which we have county approval to taxi on.

The runway is presently turf, but the HOA has contracted to lay down a plastic product similar to Perfo (http://www.perfo.co.uk/airfields.html) which is about as close to paving as turf can get.

Message me if you have other questions, but why not fly in and take a look?  There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant less than a half mile west of the development we could have lunch.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've seen a lot of new residents moving into our fly-in community lately.  It seems that people who were unable to do so in the past, are taking advantage of Covid induced working-from-home and can now live where they want rather than being tied to a commute.  Our community was originally opened in 1988 and has grown in fits and starts, but now is mostly built out thanks to the recent influx.

Anyone who has been liberated by telecommuting should think about living with his Mooney.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:11 PM, Mooneymite said:

A new property just came up for sale; it's right on the runway.  https://www.georgiamls.com/365-mallard-ln-locust-grove-ga-30248/8894975

Again, I have no connection to this property....it's just in my 'hood.

Sold.

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:34 PM, dlthig said:

Just curious, what are you guys paying for HOA on these airfields? I live in a "normal" neighborhood, but still pay $1K for overcrowded pools. Anyone know anything about Heavens Landing? It can't be cheap.

I know this sounds nuts, but at 97fl we pay $150 a year.

I’m pushing to have that increased as it just covers expenses and I’d like to see a fund build up for expenses that you know will eventually happen, but it’s falling on deaf ears.