Home & hangar for sale near Atlanta

Patriot1

Lovely home on 1.7 acre lot with 48x48 hangar on Mallard's Landing airpark, 35 miles SE of Atlanta on I-75.  Wonderful non-gated neighborhood, with 4000' of well-kept grass (2800 usable for T/O) and other amenities.  See attached flyer.  Interior photos coming soon.  Moving to PA to be near family.

House has 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths, plus.  Hangar has "crew lounge/office" inside.  Grounds are park-like, including a woods and a vegetable garden, on cul-de-sac.

Pintail house FOR SALE.pdf

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Very nice, if I could make there what I make here in CA I would be moving this weekend...

C'mon down! Atlanta should have many good-paying jobs, and a lower cost of living than the People's Republik of Kalifornia . . . .

Yes, this isn't the same economy here, though many locals have good jobs at Delta.  Property tax is pretty reasonable too, particularly if you're OLD like me!  We pay about $1200 per year, and the HOA fee is $900.  The latter was $300 when we moved here ten years ago, but we voted to build a new pool, spend more on runway, etc.

• Like 1

In the apple country between Gettysburg and Carlisle, on Route 34.  It's where I grew up.  Problem is, where to hangar the Mooney?  Gettysburg has been repaved but there's nothing there.  Carlisle is handy but the few T-hangars never change hands.  I'm on the waiting list at York, which is handy enough and an excellent airdrome.  I hate to face the trip, but I used to have her at Manassas, where the personal property tax is effectively non-existent for typical GA aircraft.

Bill, I hope you will offer a "substantial incentive" for a Mooney owner to purchase your beautiful home.

I hate to think of your Mooney-palace being besmirched by a brand C, P, or even B aircraft.   :o

I'd like to see the neighborhood standards maintained!

Gus

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 12:19 PM, Patriot1 said:

Good idea, Gus!  I do feel very bad about leaving my fellow Mallards Mooneys.  Not to mention how we will miss contributing to the Mooney population here.  I didn't know communities like this existed before I moved here.

I've visited Gus several time.  Great neighborhood, and it's in a great location south of Atlanta.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bug Smasher said:

Besides, I heard they have mosquitos the size of Mooneys down there!

Actually not.  I hear the smoke in CA has just about cleared all the bugs out of the Golden State, but here we use our guns to control skeeters and other varmits.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 2:40 PM, Patriot1 said:

Lovely home on 1.7 acre lot with 48x48 hangar on Mallard's Landing airpark, 35 miles SE of Atlanta on I-75.  Wonderful non-gated neighborhood, with 4000' of well-kept grass (2800 usable for T/O) and other amenities.  See attached flyer.  Interior photos coming soon.  Moving to PA to be near family.

House has 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths, plus.  Hangar has "crew lounge/office" inside.  Grounds are park-like, including a woods and a vegetable garden, on cul-de-sac.

Pintail house FOR SALE.pdf

Unfortunately this house is on the market about 10 months too early.  Good luck with the move and enjoy Cumberland/Adams county!   I have family in that area and fly into N94 all the time!

Been away and missed some of the last messages posted here.

1.  Sorry, but we have very few mosquitoes in this area--you are probably thinking of Savannah....or Louisiana, perhaps.  Much too dry here--a Californian would probably feel at home.

2.  Yes, I definitely will miss the planes here.  At one of our fly-ins Doug came over and asked if I'd like a ride in that T-6, which I definitely did!  I had not been upside down in a plane since my Air Force days.  Don't attempt it in the M20J.

3.  As for being 10 months too early, don't despair.  Check back when the time comes--we may well be waiting for a buyer still.  Selling a house in an airpark is not so easy because the pool of potential buyers is narrow and shrinking.  And frankly we are in no hurry to leave this wonderful community.  In fact last Sunday I planted over 200 garlic cloves for June harvest.

Just now, Patriot1 said:

2.  Yes, I definitely will miss the planes here.  At one of our fly-ins Doug came over and asked if I'd like a ride in that T-6, which I definitely did!

I think that's Mutha's SNJ, isn't it?  Doug's is a T-6.

Some of us have our own, or a shared fuel tank.  Others fly to HMP, 6A2, or OPN for some of the cheapest fuel in the Atlanta area.  There is one resident who seems to have a fuel coop of some type, but since I have my own tank, I haven't paid much attention.  If anyone gets in a pinch, there's plenty of fuel to be had.  It's a friendly neighborhood.

The radio activated runway lights work great.  They a bright enough for even the darkest night.  However, the HOA discourages people from flying in at night if they are not familiar.  Just makes sense since there is no verical guidance.

Yes, regarding the North American warbird, that probably is the SNJ.  I am not familiar enough to tell them apart. 

We used to have quite a few deer, and so one should always buzz the field one time, to check for animals.  But I agree the lights are great.  On landing from the East I make a high approach to make sure I'm not near the trees.  My Mooney landing light is original equipment and none too bright.  It's OK to land long anyway because when you're off the ground you can see if there is someone beyond the "legal" end of the runway.  In effect we have 4000 feet if needed.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dlthig said:

Just curious, what are you guys paying for HOA on these airfields? I live in a "normal" neighborhood, but still pay $1K for overcrowded pools. Anyone know anything about Heavens Landing? It can't be cheap.

I don't know what Heavens Landing HOA fees are.  Our community charges $950/yr. to care for the runway/common areas, the clubhouse/pavilion, the pool and tennis courts.  Taxiways are private right of ways and are the responsibility of the homeowner.  One of the things that helps keep dues low is that all streets are county roads which the county allows us to taxi on...so, no street maintenance issues.

Even though Bill sold his place, another property is just about to be offered for sale.  We've had two Mooney owners re-locate this year and I'm hoping replacement Mooney owners move in to keep the neighborhood "high class". :D

• Like 1