Patriot1

Home & hangar for sale near Atlanta

Lovely home on 1.7 acre lot with 48x48 hangar on Mallard's Landing airpark, 35 miles SE of Atlanta on I-75.  Wonderful non-gated neighborhood, with 4000' of well-kept grass (2800 usable for T/O) and other amenities.  See attached flyer.  Interior photos coming soon.  Moving to PA to be near family.

House has 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths, plus.  Hangar has "crew lounge/office" inside.  Grounds are park-like, including a woods and a vegetable garden, on cul-de-sac.

Pintail house FOR SALE.pdf

• Like 2

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Very nice, if I could make there what I make here in CA I would be moving this weekend...

56 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Very nice, if I could make there what I make here in CA I would be moving this weekend...

C'mon down! Atlanta should have many good-paying jobs, and a lower cost of living than the People's Republik of Kalifornia . . . .

Yes, this isn't the same economy here, though many locals have good jobs at Delta.  Property tax is pretty reasonable too, particularly if you're OLD like me!  We pay about $1200 per year, and the HOA fee is $900.  The latter was $300 when we moved here ten years ago, but we voted to build a new pool, spend more on runway, etc.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Its not what you make that counts, its what you dont have to spend

• Like 2

In the apple country between Gettysburg and Carlisle, on Route 34.  It's where I grew up.  Problem is, where to hangar the Mooney?  Gettysburg has been repaved but there's nothing there.  Carlisle is handy but the few T-hangars never change hands.  I'm on the waiting list at York, which is handy enough and an excellent airdrome.  I hate to face the trip, but I used to have her at Manassas, where the personal property tax is effectively non-existent for typical GA aircraft.

Bill, I hope you will offer a "substantial incentive" for a Mooney owner to purchase your beautiful home.

I hate to think of your Mooney-palace being besmirched by a brand C, P, or even B aircraft.   :o

I'd like to see the neighborhood standards maintained!

Gus

Good idea, Gus!  I do feel very bad about leaving my fellow Mallards Mooneys.  Not to mention how we will miss contributing to the Mooney population here.  I didn't know communities like this existed before I moved here.

On 9/28/2017 at 12:19 PM, Patriot1 said:

Good idea, Gus!  I do feel very bad about leaving my fellow Mallards Mooneys.  Not to mention how we will miss contributing to the Mooney population here.  I didn't know communities like this existed before I moved here.

I've visited Gus several time.  Great neighborhood, and it's in a great location south of Atlanta.  

• Like 1

Very tempting, especially since many parts of my city burned down last week. Even so, it's hard to leave Hotel California. Besides, I heard they have mosquitos the size of Mooneys down there!

58 minutes ago, Bug Smasher said:

Besides, I heard they have mosquitos the size of Mooneys down there!

Actually not.  I hear the smoke in CA has just about cleared all the bugs out of the Golden State, but here we use our guns to control skeeters and other varmits.  ;)

• Thanks 1