PS Engineering Trade-in & Trade-up with Avionics Source

On 12/22/2017 at 8:28 PM, LANCECASPER said:

I have the PMA7000BT and am completely satisfied. The airplane I bought had a King KMA-24 so i saved some money on installation since the 7000BT is pin compatible.

Edit: @Andy95WAfter hearing the PS 450B at Oshkosh I wish I would have spent the money on that. I still might have my avionics shop spend a day re-pinning and go for it and sell the 7000BT.

@LANCECASPER I was planning to do exactly what you said- try it out at OSH this year- before buying anything.  Great advice, thanks!

10 hours ago, hammdo said:

7000M bt version - direct replacement - really like it (is mono though)...

NOT a direct slide in replacement because there is no intercom in the KMA24. However, the current Molex connector that is currently inside the KMA24 is used as is.

If you go that route, I’d recommend the PMA7000BT.

The intention for the PMA7000M-BT was for the 1000’s of PMA6000M owners, which the 7000M-BT is a direct slide in unit.

Now an intercom harness has to be built and installed. 

You might also consider PMA8000BT. While the install will require re-pinning of the Molex connector to a high density connector, you’ll get advanced functions and hi-fi stereo. 

• Like 1

BUMP! I wanted to let all Mooneyspace members know that we are now offering the PMA8000G upgrade! Also, today through November 30th, all PMA450B and 8000G upgrades are $100 off using promo code "Mooneyspace". Please send me a PM if you have any questions on the upgrade or your trade-in eligibility. 

Happy flying,

Chase. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Avionics Source said:

BUMP! I wanted to let all Mooneyspace members know that we are now offering the PMA8000G upgrade! Also, today through November 30th, all PMA450B and 8000G upgrades are $100 off using promo code "Mooneyspace". Please send me a PM if you have any questions on the upgrade or your trade-in eligibility. 

Happy flying,

Chase. 

I already upgraded my 450A to the 450B with you. When the 450C comes out I’ll probably upgrade again. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yikes! 

Was that a failed touchscreen test?  :)

Often people go direct to Garmin for a repair…. They have a flat fee option that might apply…

Next choice on the list… check the price of the Avidyne 550… that occupies the same space and uses most of the same wires…

Is yours a WAAS version of the G530

Does WAAS have any value in your part of the Mooney World?

PP thoughts only…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, carusoam said:

Fantastic pirep sekomel!

+1 for Avionics Source and Boxwell Avionics….

Thanks for sharing it.

Best regards,

-a-

I’ve done several large-ish purchases from Chase at Avionics Source and it’s been nothing but first class service. 

• Like 1

The one thing that adds to the complications…

That Chase was able to overcome….

Sekomel’s Awesome Mooney lives in Turkey, a few thousand miles away…

How is that for support?

:)

Way to go Chase at Avionics Source!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm replacing KA-134 and SPA400 intercom with PS Engineering. My question is "Which model"? Obviously, the best choice is the 450b since I want BT. But I want to install myself and I read that self install voids the warranty, which argues in favor of installing a used G340 then upgrading. What am I missing?  

On 5/13/2022 at 11:20 AM, JoeM said:

I'm replacing KA-134 and SPA400 intercom with PS Engineering. My question is "Which model"? Obviously, the best choice is the 450b since I want BT. But I want to install myself and I read that self install voids the warranty, which argues in favor of installing a used G340 then upgrading. What am I missing?  

It has always been our warranty requirements that if not removing a plug n play audio panel, say for example, GMA340, a harness has to be made by any one of our dealers to have warranty.

A non-authorized individual who makes a harness for our products will not be covered by warranty.

The audio panel performance is as good as the install, and that takes someone with experience and training.

you might consider getting a harness made by Aircraft Spruce or purchase the FastStack by Approach Sysyems.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, Mscheuer said:

you might consider getting a harness made by Aircraft Spruce or purchase the FastStack by Approach Sysyems.

Do the harnesses made by Aircraft Spruce or FastStack meet the warranty requirements?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a KMA 24 in my Mooney and a separate PS intercom.  If I slide out the KMA 24 and slide in a PS 7000BT will it work and will all features of the 7000 function?  Is the audio (com and intercom) noticeably better on the 450 as opposed to the 7000?  Thanks