PS Engineering Trade-in & Trade-up with Avionics Source

Just to pile on.....

I came back from Sun-n-Fun 2018 while my panel was in pieces and had my avionics guy order a 450B for me. He had to wait two weeks for them to be released, but he had it installed and working by the middle of May. Everyone who flies with me likes the sound, and my regular co-pilot (wife) enjoys the BT functionality for music. I bought a USB-C to USB connector and have used the port on the front to keep my Stratus charged when the battery started failing late last year.

We probably use only a portion of the capabilities of the unit, but as we fly more and more, we are tapping into the additional functionality as we go.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldguy said:

Just to pile on.....

I came back from Sun-n-Fun 2018 while my panel was in pieces and had my avionics guy order a 450B for me. He had to wait two weeks for them to be released, but he had it installed and working by the middle of May. Everyone who flies with me likes the sound, and my regular co-pilot (wife) enjoys the BT functionality for music. I bought a USB-C to USB connector and have used the port on the front to keep my Stratus charged when the battery started failing late last year.

We probably use only a portion of the capabilities of the unit, but as we fly more and more, we are tapping into the additional functionality as we go.

Highly recommended.

Totally off topic, but I have a couple new batteries for the stratus.  It takes a little work, but they're pretty easy to replace..

7 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Totally off topic, but I have a couple new batteries for the stratus.  It takes a little work, but they're pretty easy to replace..

Thanks for the offer, but they actually have a process to drain and recharge the batteries. Returned my Stratus to a 4+ hour piece of equipment from the 2 hour brick it had become.

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, Avionics Source said:

Hello,

I think you're confusing the bonus trade-in credit with the unit value. The trade-in units mentioned above are worth incredible sums, between $500-$1600 on average. Units don't even hit eBay as we have a long list of customers waiting to buy our next units, etc. 

Hope this helps!

Ok, count me in as confused....  Does that mean that for trading up you get a 400.00 credit + what your unit is worth?

I see that the ps450b is ~2500 bucks.  Does this mean that if I were to look into this, I could upgrade for 2500 - 400 - whatever my unit is worth?

15 hours ago, Austintatious said:

Ok, count me in as confused....  Does that mean that for trading up you get a 400.00 credit + what your unit is worth?

I see that the ps450b is ~2500 bucks.  Does this mean that if I were to look into this, I could upgrade for 2500 - 400 - whatever my unit is worth?

This thread is over two years old. To see current trade-in pricing on the PMA450B, please see the following link: https://avionicssource.com/product/ps-pma450b-upgrade/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 11:13 AM, Avionics Source said:

This thread is over two years old. To see current trade-in pricing on the PMA450B, please see the following link: https://avionicssource.com/product/ps-pma450b-upgrade/

Mark, I have the original 8000, the one without the audio input jack on the front. If I understand correctly, I can  simply slide in a 450B and it will work except for the flightmate features? Is this correct? It also looks like there is no upgrade allowance for the original 8000 as well, is that correct?

Thanks, Frank

• 7 months later...
On 10/6/2019 at 7:44 AM, Frank B. said:

Mark, I have the original 8000, the one without the audio input jack on the front. If I understand correctly, I can  simply slide in a 450B and it will work except for the flightmate features? Is this correct? It also looks like there is no upgrade allowance for the original 8000 as well, is that correct?

Thanks, Frank

That’s correct Frank, 100% slide-in replacement but additional wiring required to implement flightmate.

• 6 months later...
[mention=11437]Mscheuer[/mention] [mention=15400]Avionics Source[/mention],
looking to update my pma6000m to a pma7000m-bt. Is the pma7000m-bt truly p-n-p or does a avionics tech need to do config/install?
Also, any trade up or discounts to do so?
Thanks!
-Don

Following. Same interest. I do believe they are compatible from everything I read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the new PS system and total rewire to support stereo. Only complaint is the bluetooth music. There is a mute button right on the panel. But it doesn’t mute the music. It just changes the mute strategy none of which is to just stop the music. So you have to dig around for the phone to shut off the music.  

I did the new PS system and total rewire to support stereo. Only complaint is the bluetooth music. There is a mute button right on the panel. But it doesn’t mute the music. It just changes the mute strategy none of which is to just stop the music. So you have to dig around for the phone to shut off the music.  

Generally BT devices have pause,skip buttons, obviously the panel doesn’t have those either. For an iPhone, hit power button so screen is on, music controls will right there, no password entry is necessary.
I use the BT to get verbal warnings from Garmin pilot. I have a jack connected to music 1.

7 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Generally BT devices have pause,skip buttons, obviously the panel doesn’t have those either. For an iPhone, hit power button so screen is on, music controls will right there, no password entry is necessary.
I use the BT to get verbal warnings from Garmin pilot. I have a jack connected to music 1.

Usually that means I’m digging around in the seat trying to find the phone to stop the music. I wish there was a button on the panel. 

8 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Interesting to bt your iPad. Although I already have in panel traffic and terrain warnings going through the PS panel. I have a mute button but the system is still a bit new to me so I fumble for it. Usually right as I’m asking a plane in the pattern if they’re going to turn into me it starts calling out the traffic and I can’t hear the ctaf over the Garmin voice describing the traffic. :)

On 12/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, RobertGary1 said:

Usually that means I’m digging around in the seat trying to find the phone to stop the music. I wish there was a button on the panel. 

Hi RobertGary1, there is!

Whenever you want the music to no longer be heard by the pilot, simply press and hold for about a second, the ENTERTAINMENT Softkey. This shuts off what ever the pilot was hearing from any of the 4 different entertainment inputs. You will also notice the music symbol in the upper right hand corner goes away. This is helpful for showing a visual cue that pilot will or will not hear ForeFlight alerts.

-Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, hammdo said:

They pm'd me and it is literally p-n-p! 

Nothing more than that... 

-Don 

PMA7000M-BT is exactly as advertised! Flawless install, worked right off the bat. Bluetooth to my iPad and ForeFlight... Excellent. 

-Don 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...