PS Engineering Trade-in & Trade-up with Avionics Source

NOTE: This is a paid-for sponsored post.

The industry's most popular audio panel trade-up program is back and better than ever. With Avionics Source, you can trade-in and trade-up to the PS Engineering PMA450B and the 8000G with our simple 1-2-3 program. 

PMA450B Upgrade (Includes PS Streamer)
Shop: https://avionicssource.com/product/ps-pma450b-upgrade/

PMA8000G Upgrade (Includes flightmate)
Shop: https://avionicssource.com/product/ps-engineering-pma8000g-upgrade/

All PMA450B and PMA8000G upgrades are $100 off through 11/30/21 using promo code "Mooneyspace".

Trade-in program overview, product descriptions, and trade-in terms can be found on our website.

Edited by Avionics Source

Bump for promo update. To simplify pricing confusion, both PMA products now reflect bonus trade-in savings upfront without the need for a coupon code. Additionally upped standard trade-in pricing to put more cash in your pocket. Enjoy!

Shop now:
PMA450A Upgrade:http://bit.ly/2apUGoY

PMA8000G Upgrade:http://bit.ly/2xXuWdA

I'm LOVING the PMA450A! It should be obvious, since the audio panel is something we're using almost continuously during any flight. But I never realize the difference a top of the line audio panel can make for the enjoyment of a flight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, MyNameIsNobody said:

Wouldn’t these units have a lot more value pulled and listed on EBay vs. $125 bucks?

Hello,

I think you're confusing the bonus trade-in credit with the unit value. The trade-in units mentioned above are worth incredible sums, between $500-$1600 on average. Units don't even hit eBay as we have a long list of customers waiting to buy our next units, etc. 

Hope this helps!

On 12/22/2017 at 3:40 PM, Mscheuer said:

YES, that would be our PMA7000B or the PMA7000BT. They both sell for $1395 but the PMA7000BT does not include the tray and install kit because that is the most popular slide in replacement for our legacy PMA7000M-S

Thanks for being our customer Philip!

Mark Scheuer

PS Engineering

I have the PMA7000BT and am completely satisfied. The airplane I bought had a King KMA-24 so i saved some money on installation since the 7000BT is pin compatible.

Edit: @Andy95WAfter hearing the PS 450B at Oshkosh I wish I would have spent the money on that. I still might have my avionics shop spend a day re-pinning and go for it and sell the 7000BT.

• Like 3

PMA 450a fan here... nothing quite like a modern audio panel to go with all the other modern equipment like headsets, ipads, iphones, etc.

When you're on the phone (Bluetooth to the PMA450a) with Clearance Delivery WHILE doing a run-up, and they suggest you call them back when you've started up and are ready to depart, you know it's a quality audio panel.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mscheuer said:

YES, that would be our PMA7000B or the PMA7000BT. They both sell for $1395 but the PMA7000BT does not include the tray and install kit because that is the most popular slide in replacement for our legacy PMA7000M-S

Thanks for being our customer Philip!

Mark Scheuer

PS Engineering

Are you saying I would just need an Allen wrench to install it and it should work without any wiring?

I sure would like to get PS engineering involved with the Mooney Summit, Mark. Just imagine your company being listed here with these other industry leaders

https://www.mooneysummit.com/sponsors/

I know you have told me your just a small company, so now is your chance to really step up and grow it! A donation of a PMA450A for our silent auction would also go to help a downed Mooney pilots' family.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I sure would like to get PS engineering involved with the Mooney Summit, Mark. Just imagine your company being listed here with these other industry leaders

https://www.mooneysummit.com/sponsors/

I know you have told me your just a small company, so now is your chance to really step up and grow it! A donation of a PMA450A for our silent auction would also go to help a downed Mooney pilots' family.

Mike,

While I can't speak to Mark's involvement, we at Avionics Source would love to take part and become a sponsor. Can you please shoot me an email? Chase@avionicssource dot com. We'll see what we can come up with to support your great cause!

Chase

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chase,

When you get a chance... please add your name in the signature line...

Mark,

Last time I visited the Summit, I needed a transponder... got one while there, (used, traded with other visitor)

Next time I’ll probably be looking for an audio panel...

Currently replacing 90s BK boxes one at a time, annually...

The Summit is a great place to show and technically discuss Mooney related products. Especially if It is as simple as swapping out a box...

This year there was some really cool wingtips with LED lights in them and a spectacular Mooney cowling improvement...on display and openly discussed by the always appreciated technical people.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Avionics Source said:

Mike,

While I can't speak to Mark's involvement, we at Avionics Source would love to take part and become a sponsor. Can you please shoot me an email? Chase@avionicssource dot com. We'll see what we can come up with to support your great cause!

Chase

Thanks Chase!! You are evolving as the "GO TO" guy in avionics rapidly!

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

I note that the 7000 with bluetooth seems to give me that ability and uses the same wiring harness except for the intercom that the kma24 uses which reduces costs.  

Am i correct in this or would another model NOT GARMIN do the job.  :)  @Avionics Source

Thanks in advance.  

Yes,

you are correct. I am looking at the same upgrade as well. You (or your shop) would need a new harness made for intercom portion of PMA7000. You can download the install manual and it describes the details and compatibility to KMA24. No Garmin that I'm aware would be compatible to KMA.

One note, though. KMA24 and PMA7000 use an old type Molex connector and pins that are hard to find and hence expensive ($2-$4.95 a piece). This will somewhat reduce your savings...

Good luck.

22 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

I dont like the display screen on that one Paul, im a sort of on/off button type of guy, call me old fashioned. :)  For the sake of a few quid i dont mind spending the extra to have more buttons v screen.  

The 450b is as good as it gets. Its the best one on the market right now. It has so many features and a charger too. If youre switching the stuff out, Get the good stuff. It wont be something you regret buying.

1 minute ago, Hyett6420 said:

So here is how my brain works.  I. "Ass u med" that because the Ps series had a numbering system that the 8000 was the latest and the 7000 was not fsr behind.  However from what you have said that appears NOT to be the case.  So which is the one with all the bells and whistles and spare pins for all my alerts to feed into.  :). @Avionics Source @gsxrpilot 

Happy to see these at the summit as we wont be upgrading till next year.  

Andrew 

The ps450b is the newest and most advanced audio panel not only by ps engoneering but its the most advanced audio panel on the market. Literally everyone that buys one loves it. It has a bunch of features, dual bluetooth, so a co pilot can listen to source 1 of music while the pilot can listen to source 2. Ico, crew, and all mode. And a 2.4amp charger. Plus way more.

• Like 2

So stereo.  you should do new wiring.  If you are doing new wiring then you should do DB type connectors, not the old Molex that are getting really hard to find.  bite the bullet and pay the hours to get new wiring and wiring connections.   It's probably a good 20 hours to do the wiring

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You really want the PMA450B, you just don't realize it yet! I was pretty sure I wanted one 2 years ago, (to replace Garmin 340) but wanted to "fiddle"with one in person just to make sure. So I went to OSH and visited with Mark in his booth. The sales pitch was essentially pointing to the unit and putting a headset on and trying it...without a manual. Then doing the same with latest Garmin unit. Then Mark gave me a coupon to use and I promptly bought one from a distributor at the show! (450A in 2017)

The only thing it lacks that I'd like is a configurable countdown timer for fuel tanks!

I also bought some Allen wrenches so I could install mine before flying home as I couldn't wait.

You really want one of these! I understand the attachment to buttons, but the sound quality and intercom options, multiple aux inputs/options, etc are so much more valuable that you'll forget all about the other units on the market.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

• Like 2