Avionics Source

PS Engineering Trade-in & Trade-up with Avionics Source

NOTE: This is a paid-for sponsored post.

beech_talk_728x300_final.jpg

The industry's most popular audio panel trade-up program of 2017 is back and better than ever. With Avionics Source, you can trade-in and trade-up to the PS Engineering PMA450B and PMA8000G with our simple 1-2-3 program. Starting today, upgrading customers will receive up to a $125 cash bonus towards their purchase against our always low pricing. That's savings you can hear.

PMA450B Upgrade (Includes PS Streamer)
Shop: https://avionicssource.com/product/ps-pma450b-upgrade/

PMA8000G Upgrade
Shop: https://avionicssource.com/product/ps-pma8000g-upgrade/

Trade-in program overview, product descriptions, and trade-in terms can be found on our website.

Edited by Aircraft Source

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Bump for promo update. To simplify pricing confusion, both PMA products now reflect bonus trade-in savings upfront without the need for a coupon code. Additionally upped standard trade-in pricing to put more cash in your pocket. Enjoy!

Shop now:
PMA450A Upgrade:http://bit.ly/2apUGoY

PMA8000G Upgrade:http://bit.ly/2xXuWdA

I'm LOVING the PMA450A! It should be obvious, since the audio panel is something we're using almost continuously during any flight. But I never realize the difference a top of the line audio panel can make for the enjoyment of a flight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MyNameIsNobody said:

Wouldn’t these units have a lot more value pulled and listed on EBay vs. $125 bucks?

Hello,

I think you're confusing the bonus trade-in credit with the unit value. The trade-in units mentioned above are worth incredible sums, between $500-$1600 on average. Units don't even hit eBay as we have a long list of customers waiting to buy our next units, etc. 

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Mscheuer said:

YES, that would be our PMA7000B or the PMA7000BT. They both sell for $1395 but the PMA7000BT does not include the tray and install kit because that is the most popular slide in replacement for our legacy PMA7000M-S

Thanks for being our customer Philip!

Mark Scheuer

PS Engineering

I have the PMA7000BT and am completely satisfied. The airplane I bought had a King KMA-24 so i saved some money on installation since the 7000BT is pin compatible.

PMA 450a fan here... nothing quite like a modern audio panel to go with all the other modern equipment like headsets, ipads, iphones, etc.

When you're on the phone (Bluetooth to the PMA450a) with Clearance Delivery WHILE doing a run-up, and they suggest you call them back when you've started up and are ready to depart, you know it's a quality audio panel.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mscheuer said:

YES, that would be our PMA7000B or the PMA7000BT. They both sell for $1395 but the PMA7000BT does not include the tray and install kit because that is the most popular slide in replacement for our legacy PMA7000M-S

Thanks for being our customer Philip!

Mark Scheuer

PS Engineering

Are you saying I would just need an Allen wrench to install it and it should work without any wiring?

I sure would like to get PS engineering involved with the Mooney Summit, Mark. Just imagine your company being listed here with these other industry leaders

https://www.mooneysummit.com/sponsors/

I know you have told me your just a small company, so now is your chance to really step up and grow it! A donation of a PMA450A for our silent auction would also go to help a downed Mooney pilots' family.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I sure would like to get PS engineering involved with the Mooney Summit, Mark. Just imagine your company being listed here with these other industry leaders

https://www.mooneysummit.com/sponsors/

I know you have told me your just a small company, so now is your chance to really step up and grow it! A donation of a PMA450A for our silent auction would also go to help a downed Mooney pilots' family.

Mike,

While I can't speak to Mark's involvement, we at Avionics Source would love to take part and become a sponsor. Can you please shoot me an email? Chase@avionicssource dot com. We'll see what we can come up with to support your great cause!

Chase

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chase,

When you get a chance... please add your name in the signature line...

Mark,

Last time I visited the Summit, I needed a transponder... got one while there, (used, traded with other visitor)

Next time I’ll probably be looking for an audio panel...

Currently replacing 90s BK boxes one at a time, annually...

The Summit is a great place to show and technically discuss Mooney related products. Especially if It is as simple as swapping out a box...

This year there was some really cool wingtips with LED lights in them and a spectacular Mooney cowling improvement...on display and openly discussed by the always appreciated technical people.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Avionics Source said:

Mike,

While I can't speak to Mark's involvement, we at Avionics Source would love to take part and become a sponsor. Can you please shoot me an email? Chase@avionicssource dot com. We'll see what we can come up with to support your great cause!

Chase

Thanks Chase!! You are evolving as the "GO TO" guy in avionics rapidly!

Mike

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 11:22 PM, KSMooniac said:

Yes, but it is well worth it!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I'll second that. 

So awakening this thread rather than starting a mew one.  Im upgrading the panel in the next year or so, so i have a kma24 and te original idea was to just leave the existing intercom and  kma24 in place but i have since flown with the PS products, either as garmin labels or own and they are amazing.  The audio quality with out fiddling with a squelch is just to die for. Soooo

I dont want Garmin, I do want a PS device.  I sort of like the 7000 range  as it gives me bluetooth, front inputs, enough spare pins for audio  ap alerts, JPi alerts (if such things exist), aspen minimums type alerts.  I LOVE the simplicity of the kma24 and dont want to lose that press a button and you hear sound on the phones, press the bottom one and get the sound on the speaker functionality, the fact that there is a button for each device, ie adf, dme, vor etc. 

I note that the 7000 with bluetooth seems to give me that ability and uses the same wiring harness except for the intercom that the kma24 uses which reduces costs.  

Am i correct in this or would another model NOT GARMIN do the job.  :)  @Avionics Source

Thanks in advance.  

I just ordered the PS engineering 450B, I looked at several different ones but I'm upgrading from a KMA20 and a softcomm intercom, so there is no easy upgrade path for me.

Brian 

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

I note that the 7000 with bluetooth seems to give me that ability and uses the same wiring harness except for the intercom that the kma24 uses which reduces costs.  

Am i correct in this or would another model NOT GARMIN do the job.  :)  @Avionics Source

Thanks in advance.  

Yes,

you are correct. I am looking at the same upgrade as well. You (or your shop) would need a new harness made for intercom portion of PMA7000. You can download the install manual and it describes the details and compatibility to KMA24. No Garmin that I'm aware would be compatible to KMA.

One note, though. KMA24 and PMA7000 use an old type Molex connector and pins that are hard to find and hence expensive ($2-$4.95 a piece). This will somewhat reduce your savings...

Good luck.

6 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

The PMA 450b through @Avionics Source is the correct answer. 

I dont like the display screen on that one Paul, im a sort of on/off button type of guy, call me old fashioned. :)  For the sake of a few quid i dont mind spending the extra to have more buttons v screen.  

22 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

I dont like the display screen on that one Paul, im a sort of on/off button type of guy, call me old fashioned. :)  For the sake of a few quid i dont mind spending the extra to have more buttons v screen.  

The 450b is as good as it gets. Its the best one on the market right now. It has so many features and a charger too. If youre switching the stuff out, Get the good stuff. It wont be something you regret buying.

1 hour ago, Niko182 said:

The 450b is as good as it gets. Its the best one on the market right now. It has so many features and a charger too. If youre switching the stuff out, Get the good stuff. It wont be something you regret buying.

So here is how my brain works.  I. "Ass u med" that because the Ps series had a numbering system that the 8000 was the latest and the 7000 was not fsr behind.  However from what you have said that appears NOT to be the case.  So which is the one with all the bells and whistles and spare pins for all my alerts to feed into.  :). @Avionics Source @gsxrpilot 

Happy to see these at the summit as we wont be upgrading till next year.  

Andrew 

1 minute ago, Hyett6420 said:

So here is how my brain works.  I. "Ass u med" that because the Ps series had a numbering system that the 8000 was the latest and the 7000 was not fsr behind.  However from what you have said that appears NOT to be the case.  So which is the one with all the bells and whistles and spare pins for all my alerts to feed into.  :). @Avionics Source @gsxrpilot 

Happy to see these at the summit as we wont be upgrading till next year.  

Andrew 

The ps450b is the newest and most advanced audio panel not only by ps engoneering but its the most advanced audio panel on the market. Literally everyone that buys one loves it. It has a bunch of features, dual bluetooth, so a co pilot can listen to source 1 of music while the pilot can listen to source 2. Ico, crew, and all mode. And a 2.4amp charger. Plus way more.

• Like 2