Avidyne Trade-in and Trade-up with Avionics Source

NOTE: This is a paid-for sponsored post.

Due to popular demand, Avidyne announced they are extending the popular GNS Trade-In program through March 30, 2018. Customers with a GNS530W can get as much as $8,500 in trade value with the purchase of an IFD550!
GNS trade-in values towards IFD purchase:

As the largest volume IFD dealer, Avionics Source is not only matching this promotion but we're throwing in a free gift (worth up to $545) with a check/wire purchase until 3/30/18. Combined, this is the lowest price IFD upgrade option we've ever offered! 

530W to IFD540: $6,450

530W to IFD550: $10, 350

530 to IFD540: $8,950 (with WAAS antenna)

530 to IFD550: $13,450 (with WAAS antenna)

430W to IFD540: $7,850

430W to IFD550: $11,450

430W to IFD440: 5,850 (Includes Wifi/BT)

430 to IFD540: $10,950 (with WAAS antenna)

430 to IFD440: $7850 (with WAAS antenna, Wifi, and BT)

Call 206-726-0088 or send a PM to order!

Choose your FREE gift:
12 months of Full USA IFD NavData. ($495 value)
Mid-Continent MD93 USB Clock ($545 value)
Artex ELT345 with GPS. ($515 value)
$450 gift card to be used towards future Avionics Source purchases.
True Blue Power TA202 high power dual USB charging port, lighted. ($485 value)

Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade to the IFD:
1. Enjoy a modern GPS/Nav/Comm. Tower will have never heard you so clear!
2. Increase aircraft value and minimize your out of warranty avionics risk!
3. Appreciate a modern touch screen with vivid colors that's fully warrantied!
4. Fly home faster to your beautiful significant other (CFO) with geo-filled victor airway flight planning!
5. Maximize your iPad in the cockpit with two-way flight plan transfer via Wifi!

Trade-in terms
Garmin 430, 430W, 530, and 530W must be 14/28V and in good cosmetic condition. If your unit is 28V only, add $400, and if your unit has any delamination add $400. Unit must pass initial bench inspection to receive full trade-in credit. Free gift only available to trade-in customers and is not available towards outright purchases.

The industry's most popular IFD trade-up program of 2016 is back and better than ever. With Avionics Source, you can trade-in and trade-up to the Avidyne IFD550, IFD540, and IFD440 with our simple 1-2-3 program. Starting today, upgrading customers will receive up to a $600 cash bonus towards their purchase against our always low pricing. That's savings you can see.

Edited by Avionics Source

3 minutes ago, Georgethenault@gmail.com said:

Trading in good gps units only to have them destroyed does a great disservice to those pilots that cannot afford new units.It may not even be the best economical choice since there is a healthy market for used 430s and 530s.

Who said they are destroyed ? They most certainly are not !

25 minutes ago, Georgethenault@gmail.com said:

I been told differently but with all the avionics professionals here ,the fate of a 430 or 530 returned to Garmin or Avidyne should be easily determined.

Chase told me otherwise and he's the one buying them. He could not afford to buy and destroy them, how does that make financial sense ? He's not returning them to Garmin or Avidyne either, he's refurbishing them and reselling them, often to the training market.

Its The manufacturers doing it Ive been told not private avionics shops.obviously.And no it doesnt make financial sense unless you want to control the market or reduce liability tails.Why does Avidyne offer a huge rebate for a competitors unit?where do they resell these units if they are not destroyed?

Edited by Georgethenault@gmail.com

23 hours ago, Georgethenault@gmail.com said:

Its The manufacturers doing it Ive been told not private avionics shops.obviously.And no it doesnt make financial sense unless you want to control the market or reduce liability tails.Why does Avidyne offer a huge rebate for a competitors unit?where do they resell these units if they are not destroyed?

George,

This IS a private program, not one run by an OEM. All Garmin trade-ins are resold by our company directly to fleets, flight schools, and private customers. Lastly, our company offers the rebate, as the Avidyne unit is a slide-in replacement for the Garmin box. 

• Like 1

Bump for promo update. To simplify coupon code confusion, all IFD listings now reflect bonus trade-in savings upfront without the need for a coupon code. Enjoy!

Shop now:
IFD550 Upgrade (Free ADS-B IN/OUT)
Shop: http://bit.ly/2jPpzHh

IFD540 Upgrade (530W trade-in)
Shop: http://bit.ly/2eUb11p

IFD540 Upgrade (530 trade-in)
Shop: http://bit.ly/2xlntEq

IFD440 Upgrade (430W trade-in)
Shop: http://bit.ly/2f9ZvQq

IFD440 Upgrade (430 trade-in)
Shop: http://bit.ly/2hnuyua

• 2 weeks later...

I traded in a BK transponder for a mode s upgradeable to ads b with BK...perhaps those were destroyed I really haven't a clue...but Chase is running this as trade in of a salable asset driven by abnormally high resale prices for vintage 430w/530w garmin units...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Georgethenault@gmail.com said:

I been told differently but with all the avionics professionals here ,the fate of a 430 or 530 returned to Garmin or Avidyne should be easily determined.

They are sold back to dealers

• 1 year later...
Just now, icurnmedic said:

Does anyone know the current status of the "trade in"? I have a 430 that I would like to upgrade. 

Chase shows $8,250 if a straight 430 and $5,995 for a 430W:

https://avionicssource.com/product/ifd440-upgrade-430/

https://avionicssource.com/product/ifd440-upgrade-430w/

• Thanks 1

Just now, icurnmedic said:

Does anyone know the current status of the "trade in"? I have a 430 that I would like to upgrade. 

It's live and well! Looks like Ken beat me to it. Those are both active and current best prices. If you have a non waas 430, I'd consider ejecting NOW before Garmin cuts the WAAS upgrade potential. 

• Like 1