Mooney Summit VI

mike_elliott

2 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

First timer here. I'm stationed a little north, at Fort Rucker, can I just show up Saturday and/or Sunday? Whether driving or flying is TBD. 

Friday is the "open house" airport day that is available to all. Mike can confirm the details, but I believe the sat/sun seminars are restricted to those who registered due to space constraints.

• Like 1

I have arrived at the summit , 1) Took the Bonanza 2)arrived with Mooneyspace royalty AKA Carusoam  3) had too much food and too many Margeritas last night , 4) communicated with Anthony and assorted controllers , in a mock , and annoying Boston accent , 5) so far a good trip....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kris_Adams said:

So we didn’t end up making it down last night but should be headed that way in the next hour or so.  Not quite as long of a flight as 201ers yesterday  

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N4679H

We are looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Gus (mooneymite) flew down from your neck of the woods around midday and said it wasn't too bad.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rbridges said:

Gus (mooneymite) flew down from your neck of the woods around midday and said it wasn't too bad.  

Actually, except for a cloud layer in ATL, a scattered to broken cloud layer at ECP, and minor deviations around small buildups we were VMC the whole way at 6000.  Perfect for a wx coward like myself.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

So sorry i could not be there this year.  However im thinking of you all, while sitting  here in Sunny London having Breakfast at Smiths of Smithfield. (Thats a place to add to your contacts if you are ever in town.). 

Have a great summit.  Dont forget to keep Alan Fox under control  :)  

Off to choose wedding rings later  

Andrew

Around the corner from my favorite hotel in London (The Rookery) and a few doors down from one of my favorite restaurants (Comptoir Gascon, although I'll admit that Smith's is fun too)!

Wedding rings? Are congratulations in order !?

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:09 AM, Kris_Adams said:

So we didn’t end up making it down last night but should be headed that way in the next hour or so.  Not quite as long of a flight as 201ers yesterday  

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N4679H

We are looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Kris, nice to see you at Summit!

What caused the 500’ spike in your FlightAware altitude record? Something funny happening there... just an observation...

Best regards,

-a-

5 hours ago, carusoam said:

What caused the 500’ spike in your FlightAware altitude record? Something funny happening there... just an observation...

Best regards,

-a-

That looks to me like a typical FlightAware glitch. I usually see them in my track . . . .

• Like 1

3ACB61EC-CA7B-4AFF-B427-47A5A3AD681B.thumb.jpeg.f75be81ff1d98c62b06c83347d7ed084.jpeg

Some Mooney found escaping KECP.

photo zoomed a maximum amount.  The photo ship was not able match the speed / fuel burn of the Mooney speedster...

Go iPhone photography!

This could only be made better by converting it to a Bonal original!   :)

remove some of the reflection from the photo ship’s windows...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

3ACB61EC-CA7B-4AFF-B427-47A5A3AD681B.thumb.jpeg.f75be81ff1d98c62b06c83347d7ed084.jpeg

Some Mooney found escaping KECP.

photo zoomed a maximum amount.  The photo ship was not able match the speed / fuel burn of the Mooney speedster...

Go iPhone photography!

This could only be made better by converting it to a Bonal original!   :)

remove some of the reflection from the photo ship’s windows...

Best regards,

-a-

You need to get a polarizing filter that will  help to remove the glare form the windows.  I'll be sending you some of Alan's plane.

Oh and I was holding back on the Mooney and y'all still could not keep up with in the Bonanza.:lol:

On 9/30/2018 at 2:46 AM, carusoam said:

Best regards,

-a-

Nice to meet you as well Anthony!  The altitude spike is interesting...certainly didn't do a climb to 11.3k' for 1 minute.   Not sure how to explain it-no GPS loss or xponder loss or anything--nothing said to us by Atl approach. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, 1964-M20E said:

Here is the plane that could not catch me.:D:o

DSC_6940.thumb.JPG.cf8fbd37b4b50bb387fe188bea5f17e9.JPG

Now that is a sweet ride , You should have seen us on the way home....  The whole plane was packed from the back of our seats , to the hat rack , with Mooney parts...

• Like 3

The vertical fin is critical to keeping the plane going the right direction...

By observing the world class Mooney in the first pic, it is a challenge to see the speed and efficiency...

one thing that IS clear...  New Orleans is That Way!

<————

See if we can find a good vertical fin for the Reaper-Mobile...

:)

Best regards,

-a-