Mooney Summit VI

mike_elliott

I have a ton of Hilton points.  In the past I stayed at the Hampton Beachfront, but this year they wanted way too many points, so we're staying for free at the Hampton on Beach Parkway instead.  It is not on the beach, but is only 1.5 miles from the Summit.

2 hours ago, Danb said:

Where are most of our Summit attendee's staying, 

Dan, Nancy and I are staying with the Maces (AGL), Ron Mander and 3 other couples in one of Ron Dubin's beach houses. We're going down to PCB Monday, give me a call if you'd like to get together or need a ride!

6 hours ago, Danb said:

Where are most of our Summit attendee's staying, 

Most are staying at the Hampton, Dan. A few of the presidents club members are staying at Ron's beach houses and Origin condos, but the majority are booking at the Hampton Beachfront to minimize the need to bum rides, uber etc.

Next year, the plan is to have an even larger venue so the 70+ on the waiting list will not be an issue!

• Like 2

Being reigning CB president, it took me a week to find out where we would be staying. We found some uber-cheap accommodations as low as $90/night but they were in town. I decided the drive would be worth paying a little more so for two nights at the Seahaven Beach Hotel is $275 after taxes, resort fees, and these silly "cleaning fees".

On 9/20/2018 at 11:45 AM, steingar said:

I wish I could make one of these, they sound awesome.  

It's worth the trip! Less than a tank each way. Then just eat cheap. Only takes one day off of work, Friday, u less you want additional "beach time."  ;)

On 9/21/2018 at 9:47 PM, Hank said:

It's worth the trip! Less than a tank each way. Then just eat cheap. Only takes one day off of work, Friday, u less you want additional "beach time."  ;)

My problem is I WILL NOT do a weekend trip of that length where I have to be back Monday. Too high a probability I’ll get tempted to do something I oughtn’t due to get-thereitis.  Lotsa guys have wound up dead that way, and I’d just as soon not join them.

Well here is a solution since this year's registration is closed. Come Next year! With over a year of planning, see what you can do about taking Monday off. The Mooney Summit will be held Sept 27-29th, 2019 in KECP. Registration will open in late March. 

Go ahead and sign up for this years wait list anyway, as it will give us an email address to notify you when Registration is open for Mooney Summit VII.

• Like 4

15 people have taken advantage of the Hampton inn Beachfront Mooney Summit rates so far. While the Mooney Summit doesnt get a "vig" from them, it is always nice to support the companies and vendors that provide us a service. If you haven't made your reservations, please consider the Hampton Inn, our host hotel.

And while I am on this soapbox, consider purchasing fuel from Sheltair, who always goes way overboard to make our group welcome, providing lunch, drinks, a hangar to hang in on Friday, and many other fantastic touches that make the Mooney Summit so nice. Yea, even with the Mooney Summit discount you can find fuel cheaper, but you have to pump it yourself and by doing so are not doing anything to help motivate Sheltair to continue to support us going forward. Not only does this have to be a good deal for the Mooney Summit attendee's, it should be for our vendors and sponsors also.

See you guys Friday!!

/soapbox off

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Danb said:

Seth I received the same response, questioned it even talking to a manager. She acted like we only hold x amount in a block, tough luck, I almost cx and then didn’t 

We had a 50 room block reserved.  She even asked us for a roster of attendees to cross reference and see if they booked and didn't note that they were with Mooney Summit.   I will very much bring this up with our contact.

-Seth

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

Slightly different than accommodations.  We have registration open at the Origin 4-6pm on Friday.  Has any thought been given to having the registration material at the airport Friday at least during lunch time?  I'd be willing to help out with this.

John - I'll bring that up for a discussion when we arrive tomorrow and Thursday.  Logistically, it may be difficult to work out with everything else we are preparing for in just a few days notice, but it's not a bad idea.  I'll find out why that has not been a solution thus far, and if we decide to implement this year (honestly, not sure if we can or will), we'll contact you to help.

Thank you!  Love this and keep the suggestions coming.

-Seth

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seth said:

Slightly different than accommodations.  We have registration open at the Origin 4-6pm on Friday.  Has any thought been given to having the registration material at the airport Friday at least during lunch time?  I'd be willing to help out with this.

20 hours ago, Seth said:

John - I'll bring that up for a discussion when we arrive tomorrow and Thursday.  Logistically, it may be difficult to work out with everything else we are preparing for in just a few days notice, but it's not a bad idea.  I'll find out why that has not been a solution thus far, and if we decide to implement this year (honestly, not sure if we can or will), we'll contact you to help.

Thank you!  Love this and keep the suggestions coming.

-Seth

Its a good suggestion John, and in practice, it would be perfect if we could get a mass arrival in a 2 hr window prior to the start of the Roundtables. I spoke with Alice and Becky about this and it wont happen this year as they have a few other duties scheduled for the middle of Friday in prep for the Reception and later registration. Speaking of Becky and Alice, this year Mrs. Nancy Strehlow will be joining them in helping with registration. Thanks Nancy! Perhaps next year it could be arranged with Sheltair to use their secured wifi and have an hour of registration prior to the roundtables. It is suggestions like this that help keep the Mooney Summit the largest and best gathering of Mooney owners and enthusiasts! We dont do the Summit for us, we do this for you and to "better the breed".

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rbridges said:

Trying to beat the swarm of Mooneys.  See you guys in a few hours.  

Hey that could be a new action adventure movie.

"SWARM OF MOONEYS"

Speed!!

Adventure!!

Action!!

Exotic locations!!

Terror for Cirrus Owners!!

Don't miss it!!

staring

Mike Elliot

Seth Meyers

Neil Cohen

co-staring