Mooney Summit VI

mike_elliott

With the Mooney Summit V about to begin in a few days, I thought I would announce the dates for the Mooney Summit VI. Sept 28-30th, 2018. Hopefully, this will allow everyone to plan well enough in advance. We have checked the dates out with Panama City Beach (yep, thats where it will be) and we avoid a lot of conflicts with their very busy tourist schedule, holidays, etc on these dates. Hopefully, AOPA, NBAA etc will not plan an event the same weekend causing a conflict for our attendees and sponsors. The Mooney Summit VI will put in the capable hands of Seth Meyers and Lee Drumheller for complete organization, implementation, scheduling and tasking. They will do an excellent job and promise to make the Mooney Summit VI even better than what promises to be the best Summit yet in a couple of days. Thanks for stepping up to this task, Seth, Lee!

• Like 5

First time I've had to leave early from the summit. A northeaster in northeast Florida threatened to ground me in Panama City for a couple of days. Had no choice but to leave early Sunday so I could get back to Jacksonville. Disappointed that I did not get to hear the Sunday presentation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Hector said:

A northeaster in northeast Florida threatened to ground me in Panama City for a couple of days.

I departed at 1230 with winds 030/15G23 OVC 020.  I landed about 18 minutes later with winds 090/18G22 OVC 026 that quickly fell to OVC 018 -RA.  You may have made a wise weather choice.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

TEASER ALERT>>>>>>

We  most likely will have the CAMI PROTE reduced oxygen training at the Mooney Summit VI! 

This is a MUST for all mooney pilots who fly above 4000'

If you are not signed up and registered to attend, no worries, show up at KECP on Friday and do the FAA wings credit training! 

MORE LATER as this develops!

EDIT:

I just received an email from Don Demuth of CAMI saying that it might not be happening because that is the last weekend of their Fiscal year.  SMH

Dang...twice now its on, twice now its off.

EDIT #2...back on again tentatively! Have to make sure we can get the space from Mon until Sun with Sheltair, have a fork lift available to unload, and 5ea 20A outlets on different circuits.

Edit #3 ...back off for Mooney Summit VI, but back on for Mooney Summit VII!

SMH2

• Like 7

Now for as the PROTE turns.:P

Last episode we saw the on and off again PROTE bouncing around the US on an exciting adventure.:)   Its adventures only served to tease the Mooney owners that they would get a chance to experience this wonderful contraption.:o  Now we join the PROTE deep in the evil FAA 's lair being held captive by bureaucratic red tape.:unsure:  Our hero 'Summit Man' :D:Daka Mike has been trying tirelessly to free PORTE from the deep dark dungeon prison where it is now being unlawfully held.

camera pan and dramatic music:o, and in comes Summit Man crashing through the wall :)ready to rip the red tape to shreds........

• Haha 1

yea, it has been wearing me down, but then I remember what others have to go thru when dealing with the all powerful man behind the curtain in Oklahoma City. Where it stands now is that we will have the unit for the Mooney Summit VII IF the dates are Sept 27th to Sept 29th, 2019 in Panama City Beach, Fl.

I havent heard back from Ted Corsones to see if there is a conflict with the PPP (as there is this year for the Owensboro PPP) on those dates, and MAPA said they are postponing this years homecoming to Oct 3-6 2019, We dont want to step on Columbus day, or mess with the Pirates festival in Panama City beach, or Bike week in Panama City beach, Yom Kippur, or the NBAA, or AOPA regional events in that time frame...

This is becoming a game of stick your name on a date first and you win, so for now,  plan on the Mooney Summit VII being Sept 27-29, 2019

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

"the Pirates festival in Panama City beach, or Bike week in Panama City beach"

Don't know how many get that reference, but this BMW rider (Power Ranger) sure does.  Thanks for putting in the effort, Mike.

-dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

Pirates festival in Panama City beach

Other than hotel space Pirate week would be fine.

Hey we are somewhat like pirates.  We sail our ships across the great air sea making port in exotic locations and meeting interesting people. 

Unlike some of our brethren who sail lesser ships leave their anchors down.:D

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, Danb said:

Anyone remember the rate at Hampton inn, I forgot to register and they wouldn’t give the Summit rate, rate quoted was $153 plus tax.

I'm not sure what type of room you are getting by a gulf view, balcony with 2 queens at the "summit rate" is $189 +taxes.  I did that back in June.  I might be upset if they giving lower rates for same type of room now.:angry::angry:

Just looked on the site for same type of room it is more than the summit price even with AAA discount.

Your Room Information:  
2 QNS GULF BALC MIC/FRG NS
Rooms:   1
Guests:  2  Adults
Check In:  Sep 28 4:00 PM
Check Out:  Sep 30 11:00 AM

imp_G_2460241_0_629087147.gif
Your Plan Information:
Mooney Summit
Rate per  night :  189.00   USD
Total for Stay per Room
Rate: 378.00   USD
Taxes: 49.59   USD
Total: 427.59   USD
Total for Stay : 427.59   USD

9 minutes ago, Danb said:

Hey John I was quoted $145+ 195+195=$535. 605 including tax Hampton Inn queen room

Seems like AAA rate is lower than yours, I noted three nights

What view do you have inland or gulf?  That will make difference.  You have $195 for Friday and Saturday and Thursday is $145 correct?

My rate at 189 per night is for Friday and Saturday which is usually higher anyway.  So it would seem that the summit pricing is still slightly less.