M10 is on the move

N6758N

6 minutes ago, N6758N said:

Has anyone seen some of the social media posts regarding the M10? Looks like they have a flying prototype that is being moved from Chino to Kerrville. I had written off the M10 concept but it appears they are still moving ahead with it. 

I hope they sell it.

My opinion - with a diesel engine, retractable gear, and a parachute, that thing would sell.

• Like 6

Just now, aviatoreb said:

I hope they sell it.

My opinion - with a diesel engine, retractable gear, and a parachute, that thing would sell.

I agree Erik, if it had 4 seats it could be a real competitor to the Cirrus, at least it would if they knew how to market...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, M20FanJesse said:

Can I market for them? I feel like I could do a better job than they are, and I need a new job anyways haha

You should just show up in Kerryville, wearing one of your t-shirts - and say - I am M20FanJesse and I am here to sell Mooneys!  If I were the CEO I would hire you right there where you stand.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mark89114 said:

I think I read somewherre they are shutting down the .CA operation and moving all to TX.

Yes, the Chinese are getting an age old lesson in aviation learned well by so many before. The aviation business can be unforgiving and result in tragedy if you don't do your homework, and have nothing but optimistic plans... just like airplanes themselves.

There has been no reporting of it yet, but I suspect the M10 met with a serious set back meeting part 23 certification. Either that, or it never came close to living up to it's advertised performance specs. Either way it would require a major redesign and loads more money. Likely Mooney has once again become a money pit with some very unhappy investors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M20FanJesse said:

Can I market for them? I feel like I could do a better job than they are, and I need a new job anyways haha

Buy this really nice T- shirt for $224,999.00 and we'll throw in this equally nice airplane should get some interest.

Clarence

Apparently test pilots are above proper flight planning.  How do you land at a fuel stop that does not have fuel for your plane?  Seems a simple phone call would have saved the embarrassment of filling your new prototype with diesel out of a 5 gal gas can and a makeshift funnel. 

The first day of the ferry of the M10 POC from the R&D facility in Chino to the production facility in Kerville Texas.

The plan was for "Wild" Bill Colvin, Kevin Kammer, and Elliot Seguin to stop for gas in Gila Bend. Unfortunately while Gila had plenty of 100LL there was no Jet A. So the team got some diesel (certified in the continental CD-155) from a passerby and jumped over to Casa Grande for the rest of the fuel load.

Arriving in Deming not only was there a totally rad airport car (err van), but line guy Tony suggested the Adobe Deli for dinner. Which ended up being a great way to wait out the thunderstorms that were popping up in all quadrants.

The first day of the ferry of the M10 POC from the R&D facility in Chino to the production facility in Kerville Texas.

The plan was for "Wild" Bill Colvin, Kevin Kammer, and Elliot Seguin to stop for gas in Gila Bend. Unfortunately while Gila had plenty of 100LL there was no Jet A. So the team got some diesel (certified in the continental CD-155) from a passerby and jumped over to Casa Grande for the rest of the fuel load.

Arriving in Deming not only was there a totally rad airport car (err van), but line guy Tony suggested the Adobe Deli for dinner. Which ended up being a great way to wait out the thunderstorms that were popping up in all quadrants.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

So how did you come to that conclusion or is it pure conjecture based on visual images. 

Been watching airplanes for over 50 years now. The M10 has the smallest vertical tail section I have seen for the gross weight it supports. Compare the surface with the one from a Cessna 150. I have doubts it would provide sufficient yaw stability and spin recovery margin. 

Yves

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

I'll join you Jesse.  I have spoken to them in their past about their marketing and will be again at the summit.  It is fundamentally atrocious, albeit getting better.  

I was in their booth at Oshkosh it was like being in a funeral home. The cirrus booth was like being at a night club. They need a lot of help.

2 hours ago, yvesg said:

Been watching airplanes for over 50 years now. The M10 has the smallest vertical tail section I have seen for the gross weight it supports. Compare the surface with the one from a Cessna 150. I have doubts it would provide sufficient yaw stability and spin recovery margin. 

Yves

I've been watching people for over 50 years.  Doesn't make me an anthropologist...

1 hour ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

I've been watching people for over 50 years.  Doesn't make me an anthropologist...

Sometimes it does.  Definition of anthropologist is "an expert in or student of anthropology."  Not all "ists" have degrees in a subject.    

Perhaps they looked at the manufacturing issues Cessna had with the Skycatcher in China and decided that they did not want to go down that road.

Or they looked at the financials of bringing a untested unknown aircraft into a already saturated market space and could not make the risk reward equation work.

Or they said we already have one high end aircraft not selling why do we need two?

It is all pure speculation on my part.

20 minutes ago, TonyK said:

It is all pure speculation on my part.

And 99% of the folks here. 

The factory is running, which it wasn't when I bought my old E 6 years ago, the company has delivered a couple of wonderful planes and it is present at KOSH, SnF, Vegas, etc., it is running full page ads in several mags. It will man up at both the MAPA convention an Summit next week. If you think the KOSH display was weak you were not there in '16. I spent a fair amount of time there both years as Nancy helped @mooneygirl in her booth. There was no comparison with staffing from Kerrville, enthusiasm, and materials. I suppose their Sales and Marketing outlays have exceeded their gross revenues. They fired the dimwit CEO who had announced  the M10 cancellation at SnF, cut off factory tours, fired Tom, and in general p*ssed off most of the long time employees.

Let's give the lady a chance to get the right folks in the right slots. We owners are all benefiting  from her investment.

• Like 5