SHORT NOTICE: Need a CFI in Longview, TX, on Tues, Sep 19th.

EricJ

I'm here in Longview, TX, at Maxwell's shop to pick up my airplane and the CFI that I had scheduled with and confirmed for my transition time just bailed.   Is anybody with a CFI in the area available by some miracle or know somebody?

Kinda in a pinch here.

I hate to do this, but my cell # is 480-363-9937.   The ringer is often off, but I will respond to texts.

Edited by EricJ

3 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Buy me a ticket and I will fly it back for you. I can check if Rene is available if you like.

Work is a little slow right now...

Thought of that, but it looks like we may have it handled.   Fingers crossed. 

I think in the future when I book a CFI, even one that asks for and acknowledges confirmation on the day before, I'll check whether they have higher priority gigs like charters or whatever that can bounce you on pretty much no notice.   

That said, it was fun to hang out at Maxwell's for a while this morning.   I like those guys.

• Like 1

Update:  Huge kudos to Robert Garza, a local Longview, TX, CFI and overall Good Dude, who stepped up and rearranged his schedule to help a Mooney refugee.   Flew a full non-stop checkout mission this afternoon and met my minimum insurance time and feel comfortable flying home from here, so I call that a success.   Airplane is not squawk-free, but I would have been shocked if it was.  It'll be a work in progress for a while yet, I think. 

I'm not gonna name the original guy because I totally get that he opted for where he gets his bread and butter, and I really can't fault that.   He did spend some effort today trying to backfill the position, which I appreciated.  Robert got recommended from multiple sources and it worked out well.