ADSB Rebate - Final Hours to get your reservation

Seth

I just secured my ADSB $500 rebate reservation from the FAA.  I now have until the end of this year to install, verify, and request my check.

It was a VERY easy process to get the reservation.  All you need is your tail number, the proposed equipment, and an "install date."  Just do it.  You can always change your equipment or install date.  It will put you in position to get the $500 should you choose to move forward.

If you don't, no sweat.

I got my confirmation email with reservation code less than one minute after submission.  The online form took about three minutes to complete.  Maybe the easiest run government online form I've ever completed.

https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/

-Seth

Edited by Seth

Nice taking it down to the wire. I bet there are more than a few others who had the same idea today. I'd be interested to see that statistic. I know one thing, talk to any avionics  shop and they'll tell you that too many people are going to wait until 2019 to do their upgrades. And because of that there's going to be alot of airplanes that can't get their upgrades done because the shops are going to be swamped as the deadline gets closer.

19 hours ago, TomR said:

Nice taking it down to the wire. I bet there are more than a few others who had the same idea today. I'd be interested to see that statistic. I know one thing, talk to any avionics  shop and they'll tell you that too many people are going to wait until 2019 to do their upgrades. And because of that there's going to be alot of airplanes that can't get their upgrades done because the shops are going to be swamped as the deadline gets closer.

Thank you!  I consider that a compliment! 

I agree - too many aircraft will take it down to the wire. And those who can will relocate their aircraft for a short period of time.  Also, a ferry permit / waiver for specific flights will have to be put in place for non-functional ADSB equipment just like certain procedures are put in place for No radio aircraft into Class D airports.

I'm based in the  SFRA around DC under class Bravo.  I'm getting equipped.

-Seth

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

And just in time for Merry Christmas! 

On the subject of taking it down to the wire... 10 weeks after submission... I got the $500 check today.IMG_1013.jpg

Great, but don't forget to claim it as income.  It's under the limit to require a 1099.