C&W Aero at KCDW PiRep requested

Robert C.

Hi Gang,

Need to get the ADS-B transponder installed and the G1000 WAAS upgrade package. As I understand it C&W is both a MSC and Garmin dealer. Can find very little info on them but what little I've seen is positive. Their website doesn't seem to work.

Any feedback you are comfortable sharing. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thx!

Robert

PS: also on the shortlist is VIP Avionics in Hartford and Islip Avionics (harder to get too logistically).

Some light ideas about this topic....

1) I think.... one possibility... Their location is just west of NYC... in a Class C airport.

Meaning, their economics are just that much more expensive than the other MSC in NJ...

2) There have been a few G1000 upgraders that have reported their experiences in a thread (or two) around here... you might find some specific ideas related to the work your are seeking...

3) Check with @StevenL757 on his experience... Islip may have been where he had his significant panel work done.

4) MS does have an M20C pilot tied down KCDW.  Not sure if he uses C&W...

That's all I got to say about that...  :) - Forrest G.

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks Paul and Anthony.

Encouraging to hear that LV is doing several of these installations. How much of a waiting time/backlog did they have when you scheduled it?  I'll call them this coming week. It's a good 2:30hr drive from home so a bit of a hassle for my wife unless I can persuade someone to give me a lift. Same holds for Islip even though it's a shorter flight.

Robert, I haven't had CW or VIP do any work for me, but have heard good things about both.  I can say that Islip Avionics has the shortest lead time to get you in, and they recently completed a couple of Ovation G1000 WAAS/ADSB upgrades, which I saw were extremely successful.  If interested, give me a PM, or give Rick Kattermann at Islip a call at 631-588-3543.  If you need rides anywhere, happy to volunteer.

Steve

5 hours ago, PaulM said:

Mike @  LV Avionics http://www.lvavionics.com  is scheduled to do my upgrade,  (GTX345R + WAAS) and has already done another for another mooney space user. 

They are the avionics shop recommend by Air-mods. 

If you need a shuttle to/from Danbury we can help you out. 

Thanks Paul, I'll keep you posted.

Robert

Thanks Jack and Steven.

I know many satisfied comments from Islip clients (including the local flying club at KDXR which has Islip do all its avionics) and if they've done a few that gives them a clear edge over VIP (my current shop). So, Steven, I may end up taking you up on your offer :) I'll let you know via PM where this goes.

Jack: I started using VIP because Precision Avionics was unable to fix a s/w glitch/upgrade to the G1000 software a few years ago. However, the key criterion right now is a shop that has actually done a few given that there are some twists and turns apparently :)

Robert

On 9/17/2017 at 10:10 PM, Robert C. said:

Thanks Jack and Steven.

I know many satisfied comments from Islip clients (including the local flying club at KDXR which has Islip do all its avionics) and if they've done a few that gives them a clear edge over VIP (my current shop). So, Steven, I may end up taking you up on your offer :) I'll let you know via PM where this goes.

Robert

Understood...let me know either way.  Again, rides are on the house...  :-)