Brittain autopilot

Bernard

I have a Brittain wing leveler, accu flight, and flight tracker system installed in my C172. The system did not work when I purchased the plane. I have now started to try and make the system work. I just installed 4 rebuilt servos, and when turned on the aircraft drifts left, and further left. Does anyone have any ideas, is there a shop in the northeast that services this equipment, or do I plan a trip to Oklahoma. Thank you.

27 minutes ago, Bernard said:

I have a Brittain wing leveler, accu flight, and flight tracker system installed in my C172. The system did not work when I purchased the plane. I have now started to try and make the system work. I just installed 4 rebuilt servos, and when turned on the aircraft drifts left, and further left. Does anyone have any ideas, is there a shop in the northeast that services this equipment, or do I plan a trip to Oklahoma. Thank you.

Bernard, there's a very recent thread here praising Brittain. The owner called Tulsa, they factory diagnosed the problem, coached him on removing the unit and sending it to them. They turned it around quickly and charged him under $100. 

ISTM this is typical for Brittain. 

http://www.brittainautopilots.com/

FAQ:

WHERE CAN I GET MY BRITTAIN FIXED?

Just give us a call, we can provide bench repairs for all Brittain systems.

NEED TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS?

STOP! Don't pay for Brittain technical documents, just send us an e-mail or give us a call. We'll send them right out at no cost to you.