Mooney M20D 1 - Corrosion 0

After 3 months, 2 I/As, a lot of patience, and a little bit of $$$, I'm happy to say I am finally back in the saddle!

The corrosion issue on the spar splice plate was able to be cleaned, acid washed, alodined, and primed. Once put into the right hands, it was done in less than 2 weeks! Other than some minor trivial parts that needed replacement, along with a JPI 700 install, the cost was less than a quarter of what I was expecting after talking a wing replacement or sending it to the reaper!

Cleaned and detailed her up today, took a quick test flight, now trying to figure out where to go for a burger tomorrow..............

IMG_8067.JPG

1BA119BC-3DE3-4B7A-BEA5-B070956EC034.JPG

FD157C43-EB51-43C5-804B-5C6AED786E64.JPG

AC372881-7597-44FC-95F2-95E13CD151DA.JPG

Edited by Desertdoc75
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, kpaul said:

Whos hands were those?  

Local ATP/IA at the flight school I occasionally rent from.  He took a look at it and assured it was a much different scenario than the first guy gave. I was going to take it to Don Maxwell, but after careful consideration and trust in this particular shop, I opted to have her repaired at home. (Shout out to Don though for offering to help and offering some great insight!).

Edited by Desertdoc75
  • Like 4