gear sight glass replacement

mooneyflyfast

I removed mine several years ago. Cleaned, polished, and touched up the paint (the green needs to be translucent).  My bulb was burned out and I could not find a replacement bulb (the base was not standard compared to the parts manual).  The shop elves epoxied a high brightness LED and resistor into the old base, now it is very easy to see in all light conditions.

OK  I did it. Here is a step by step (what I was looking for). Remove the fuel selector handle.  Remove the plastic panel that goes around the fuel selector (4 sheet metal screws). The clear plastic lens is held in place by two machine screws that fit into top and bottom slots in the lens. My lens had what looked like overspray on it. Probably from the glue the upholstery guys sprayed when they installed carpet several years ago.  I removed it with rubbing compound. Not too bad a job. Here are the results. 

IMG_1496.JPG

• Like 1