Now this scared the hell out of me

Joe Larussa

Doing it on the ground, can take so long the engine dies and you may not recognize the cause...

Happened on my first taxi of my first flight in my first Mooney...  learned that there really isn't a both position in low wing planes.  :)

Also learned that it is a good practice to tell the other person in the cockpit about what you are doing... Why surprise the nice plane sales person...

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, BKlott said:

Nothing like a Cessna fuel system. Move selector from "off" to "both" and leave it there, forever.

Except that the early 172 series have an AD which says to switch to single tank operation above 5000'.

Clarence

2 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

That's not a "Cessna" system. It's a high wing system. Low wing airplanes can not have a "both" option. It's physics.

The Super Cubs I got my tailwheel training in had high wings and no "both" option.    Worst of both worlds.   It may exist in other airplanes, but the only place I've seen it is in Cessnas.

3 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

That's not a "Cessna" system. It's a high wing system. Low wing airplanes can not have a "both" option. It's physics.

This plane is low wing and has no issues with physics feeding from both tanks.

pc12.png

• Like 1