Best carburetor

llebhsoj

Hello gentlemen, I'm sure this question has been posted and answered here somewhere, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for for the life of me.  

My 64 C model will not shut down when I pull mixture all the way out. The linkage is all good and the piece that the cable attaches to goes full stop both ways. (Sorry for the lack of technical terms.)  the idle is rough too, but it flys just fine. I've decided to swap out the carb for a rebuilt unit. On this site I found that don maxwell recommends a different carb(10-3878m) than what I have (10-4164-I). I can't find the 3878m, only a 3878H. 

Is there anyone out there who can tell me where to go and what to buy?

15 hours ago, llebhsoj said:

Hello gentlemen, I'm sure this question has been posted and answered here somewhere, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for for the life of me.  

My 64 C model will not shut down when I pull mixture all the way out. The linkage is all good and the piece that the cable attaches to goes full stop both ways. (Sorry for the lack of technical terms.)  the idle is rough too, but it flys just fine. I've decided to swap out the carb for a rebuilt unit. On this site I found that don maxwell recommends a different carb(10-3878m) than what I have (10-4164-I). I can't find the 3878m, only a 3878H. 

Is there anyone out there who can tell me where to go and what to buy?

You might take a look at www.msacarbs.com this is the factory web site.

Clarence

11 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

I don't think he's suggesting that, he's looking for and exchange carb.

Clarence

I understood that he was flying with an existing carb issue because he used the airplane to commute to work.  I would be happy to be wrong about that.

• Like 1