Young Mooney Driver in Need of Wisdom

CowGoesMooney

Howdy all,

I'm a college student in Daytona Beach and have been flying a '79 J for almost a year now. I'm entirely self-taught on my Mooney and am very interested in learning from more experienced pilots in the Florida area. I'm also in desperate need of meeting other people with airplanes. If anyone would like to grab lunch somewhere and talk Mooneys (or even fly) with a young person in aviation, I'm your guy!

Thanks!

Hi there (don't see your name) and welcome to the forum. There are a lot of Florida pilots here. I'm over in the Lake City area and I go to Flagler/DAB quite often. We also have a Florida Mooney subforum here with monthly lunch fly-outs [looks like the next is October 14, Flagler (FIN)]. Are you on Facebook? I regularly post N. Fla aviation events. 

Sept 29th-Oct 1 is the annual Mooney Summit (https://www.mooneysummit.com/) over in Panama City Beach and is used for "bettering the breed". I believe registration is full but you can sign up for the waiting list. The first day (Friday) is open-day at the airport so you could always stop in with the gaggle of 100+ other Mooneys there.

@mike_elliott is also a CFI in South Florida that has buku Mooney experience. 

17884593_10155231562144640_2164380093075

• Like 1

If you can, pop over to Panama City Beach, KECB, on Friday 29 September. Many, many Mooneys and pilots will be there for Mooney Summit V, with free time Friday afternoon to wander the ramp and admire each other's planes! Then watch next summer for the announcement of Mooney Summit VI!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Hi Blake,

I transitioned Conner in his F when he first got it and was contacted by Colin a few weeks ago to get him up to speed in it, but my schedule isnt conducive right now so I referred him to another Mooney CFI I know. Are you at ER also?

Hi Mike,

Yes, I'm at ER in Daytona. I've been trying to find anyone at DAB with a mooney background and haven't had much luck.

Here's the best advice I can give you: read the following link and don't listen to a single opinion found here. Some people present facts and those are ok, ignore everything else.

http://www.mooneypilots.com/mapalog/M20J Evaluation/M20J_evaluation_report.html

Edited by jkhirsch
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...