Looking for pedal extensions

salty

5 minutes ago, steingar said:

Congratulations.  You win the official shorter than Steingar award. You prize is my undying gratitude for existing and making me look tall in comparison.  And I couldn't make heads or tails out of those plans either. Obviously I'm not going to fabricate those any time soon, and I don't know anyone who could make them in an amateur or professional capacity. Thankfully I fit fairly comfortably in the Mooney.

How'd you ever learn to fly anything? The Mooney is still the only aircraft in which I can see over the nose, I needed a pillow in the Cherokee.

I had trouble when I started learning in a 150, I switched to a 172 with adjustable seat and had no problem. The mooney is also no problem for me sight-wise.

Seeing out the front is over-rated anyway. You can look to the side, but it is harder for sure to know when to flare.

6 hours ago, steingar said:

Congratulations.  You win the official shorter than Steingar award. You prize is my undying gratitude for existing and making me look tall in comparison.  And I couldn't make heads or tails out of those plans either. Obviously I'm not going to fabricate those any time soon, and I don't know anyone who could make them in an amateur or professional capacity. Thankfully I fit fairly comfortably in the Mooney.

How'd you ever learn to fly anything? The Mooney is still the only aircraft in which I can see over the nose, I needed a pillow in the Cherokee.

I don't think it is a hard item to build just having the time is not something that I have a lot of or if had the time I really don't think someone would be willing to pay the price 

18 hours ago, Kale McManus said:

I don't think it is a hard item to build just having the time is not something that I have a lot of or if had the time I really don't think someone would be willing to pay the price 

My problem is that I have massively specialized training, such that my place of work is one of the few in which I am genuinely useful. I honestly don't know how to read plans of this sort. Last time I had to do so I think we were making a bird house, I was skinny and had hair, and Richard Nixon was President.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2017 at 2:45 PM, steingar said:

I recall being a safety pilot in a Skylane and wonder how I'd fly that beast if I had to (and I did!). I think the oil temp gauge was right at eye level.  There are a whole bunch of reasons I really love my Mooney.

You can see over the panel in your Mooney?

I'm 5'11" and sit on a 2" tapered gel cushion for better visibility on landing. Took a buddy to SnF  (because I want more eyes on that approach); we went on a familiarization flight first, he didn't need no stinkin' cushion, but couldn't see in level cruise much less landing, and he's about 5'8" or so. 

My wife, 5'3", sits on two kitchen chair cushions, and keeps a third one just in case those two aren't enough!

3 minutes ago, Hank said:

You can see over the panel in your Mooney?

One of the numerous odd things about yours truly is my legs are preternaturally short (ever try and buy jeans with a 29 inch inseam? Ain't easy) and my torso a bit longer. Were I more normally proportioned I'd not be able to see over the nose in the Mooney, but I'd have an easier time buying pants.

15 hours ago, steingar said:

My problem is that I have massively specialized training, such that my place of work is one of the few in which I am genuinely useful. I honestly don't know how to read plans of this sort. Last time I had to do so I think we were making a bird house, I was skinny and had hair, and Richard Nixon was President.

I'm going to try to find the time to put set of these together when I do I will let everyone now but it will not be in the next few weeks 

• Like 1

I’ve owned my 201 for 5 days.

I am able to move my seat forward and raise its height without any problem. I can raise my seat virtually till my head touches the ceiling or slide forward till my knee hits the panel, all with a stock airplane. 

So I don’t have any problem seeing over the cowling, but in order to properly use the rudders I have to get too close to the yoke and panel, and it’s claustrophobic. I can no longer use my knee board as it conflicts with the throttle. 

Add me to the list looking for a rudder pedal extension solution. 

I’m not sure what’s different with my seats that I don’t need any pads.

Well to all that is interested in pedal extensions the best place to buy is directly from mooney service center you can not get them built for what you can buy for it a 10 day wait guess what they are only $180.75 x2 for the 1.5 or 3.0 call Steve Rue in parts department if you want to continue with any questions 830-792-2901 part# 1.5 720115-9501# 3.0 720115-9503 this is just the extension not the pedal you can use all exciting parts 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2017 at 10:29 AM, Kale McManus said:

The price of the material is ok but he needs a fabricator to build it most shops are going to want to use there material or they will order and charge you 20% markup 

Actually one of the ways you can establish owner produced parts is to supply the material for the job. 

On 9/23/2017 at 10:29 AM, Kale McManus said:

The price of the material is ok but he needs a fabricator to build it most shops are going to want to use there material or they will order and charge you 20% markup 

Actually one of the ways you can establish owner produced parts is to supply the material for the job. 

14 hours ago, N601RX said:

I built some a few years ago. I think I had around $20 in them including the mounting hardware. The back piece was cut from a square piece of 4130 tubing. The picture was before cleaning and painting  

image.jpg

I could't fabricate this on a good day.

7 hours ago, steingar said:

I could't fabricate this on a good day.

It's not a hard thing to do for people that do this kind of work and have the tools and I could build them for someone but my time is worth something and you can buy them from mooney a lot cheaper than I would build and sell the man that can do it for $20 should sell them to the people that need them he should have temple made already should be snap and looks like he done great job on them