Looking for pedal extensions

salty

The drawing is uploaded here on the site, but not being a machinist, I'm not sure what I would do with it. 
If you took it to a place that did C&C cutting and then assembled it yourself, could it be considered an owner supplied part?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The 1.5 extensions are very simple and you could make a set without too much work. 3 inchers are a bit more involved, but doable.

If your 6 ft tall check your seat, if it's old, soft, and allowing your butt down and back, increasing the distance to the rudder pedals, you might just need a nice seat cover (sheepskin) I'm 5'11 with 31 inseam and on the last seat hole without any extensions, just a quality cover.

I have the drawings for both. If you want a paper copy let me know

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 6:36 AM, Shiny moose said:

The 1.5 extensions are very simple and you could make a set without too much work. 3 inchers are a bit more involved, but doable.

If your 6 ft tall check your seat, if it's old, soft, and allowing your butt down and back, increasing the distance to the rudder pedals, you might just need a nice seat cover (sheepskin) I'm 5'11 with 31 inseam and on the last seat hole without any extensions, just a quality cover.

I have the drawings for both. If you want a paper copy let me know

Jeff

My neighbor said he can do it. If you have hard copy that would be awesome.

Also, As I said, this is outside my experience, so maybe Im just stupid, but for the life of me I don't see anything on there that says what materials to use. 

My neighbor said he can do it. If you have hard copy that would be awesome.

Also, As I said, this is outside my experience, so maybe Im just stupid, but for the life of me I don't see anything on there that says what materials to use. 

Check you messages or email me jeel@mchsi.com
Jeff

31 minutes ago, Kale McManus said:

Yes you talking about chrome moly 4130 or 4130 aluminum but this is expensive material 

Yeah a 9x9 sheet of 4130 plate in 1/4" is $13.25

http://m.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/4130sheet.php?clickkey=26568

Edited by jetdriven

A production machine shop will cost you through the nose, find a hobby/home machinist, a lot cheaper, might even get it for a plane ride or 2. Evan 6'1" I have considered making a set just to move me back some

Edited by RLCarter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

A production machine shop will cost you through the nose, find a hobby/home machinist, a lot cheaper, might even get it for a plane ride or 2. Evan 6'1" I have considered making a set just to move me back some

How much do they cost from mooney if they even sale them I'm not sure 

4 hours ago, Kale McManus said:

The price of the material is ok but he needs a fabricator to build it most shops are going to want to use there material or they will order and charge you 20% markup 

My "Fabricator" is an A&P that is currently restoring a C140. Pretty sure he'll have what I need.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:29 AM, salty said:

I'm 5'5"

Congratulations.  You win the official shorter than Steingar award. You prize is my undying gratitude for existing and making me look tall in comparison.  And I couldn't make heads or tails out of those plans either. Obviously I'm not going to fabricate those any time soon, and I don't know anyone who could make them in an amateur or professional capacity. Thankfully I fit fairly comfortably in the Mooney.

How'd you ever learn to fly anything? The Mooney is still the only aircraft in which I can see over the nose, I needed a pillow in the Cherokee.