Withdrawals...

ragedracer1977

4 hours ago, Hank said:

Ya'll be careful when you get flying again. I was only able to make one flight between mid-April and late August. R3cognize that your limits will have degraded . . . I made it through an IPC, but my landings still need work.

No lie, the last landing I made when dropping the plane off was probably the best landing I've ever made.  I mean, it was PERFECT.  My son was flying with me and after touchdown, we were rolling out.  He looks over and says "did we land yet?  What was that squeak sound?" 

I mean it was the best landing I've ever made.  

• Like 2

I feel your pain 3 months for paint, now 6 weeks for avionics.  This will be longer thanks to Irma.  Never complain I though 133DB was done for on Sunday.  Phil (Tomlinson avionics) never made me happier when he called Monday and said his hanger made it!

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, ragedracer1977 said:

No lie, the last landing I made when dropping the plane off was probably the best landing I've ever made.  I mean, it was PERFECT.  My son was flying with me and after touchdown, we were rolling out.  He looks over and says "did we land yet?  What was that squeak sound?" 

I mean it was the best landing I've ever made.  

I know that feeling. I took my girlfriend and her two female best friends flying for dinner down to Daytona one night. They were beyond exstatic and of course the girlfriend loves to showboat about my plane.

We get to Daytona, its dark out, pretty city lights. ATC is busy so they are nervous for their first landing. It was a cool night, not a breeze anywhere, and weight in the back seats helps...I greased that landing like a lubed up pig in a KY wresting contest. Just pitch up slowly...slowly and just feel the rolling effect of the wheels. Not even a chirp from the tires. They were beyond amazed on how "safe" it was after I told them it was fine. Of course I was shouting in my head how good that was but kept a cool composure and told them that's normal. :D

And of course I got pictures of the three girls in my plane:

16112810_1421309401226557_66166788652955

For my worst landing....Windy day. I think AWOS at Craig Jax said 26 gusting to 33, almost a crosswind. What sucks is my friend talked me into letting him left seat. Winds weren't bad when we left my airport, but got worse the closer we got to the coast. So I am trying to land this thing right seat, being blown sideways. Made two go arounds and last one I made it, I slammed it so hard onto the runway I swore I broke something. Since then I've been practicing no flap landings and It seems to lessen the xwind drift, but does create some haste with how high the nose is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I know that feeling. I took my girlfriend and her two female best friends flying for dinner down to Daytona one night. They were beyond exstatic and of course the girlfriend loves to showboat about my plane.

We get to Daytona, its dark out, pretty city lights. ATC is busy so they are nervous for their first landing. It was a cool night, not a breeze anywhere, and weight in the back seats helps...I greased that landing like a lubed up pig in a KY wresting contest. Just pitch up slowly...slowly and just feel the rolling effect of the wheels. Not even a chirp from the tires. They were beyond amazed on how "safe" it was after I told them it was fine. Of course I was shouting in my head how good that was but kept a cool composure and told them that's normal. :D

16112810_1421309401226557_66166788652955

For my worst landing....Windy day. I think AWOS at Craig Jax said 26 gusting to 33, almost a crosswind. What sucks is my friend talked me into letting him left seat. Winds weren't bad when we left my airport, but got worse the closer we got to the coast. So I am trying to land this thing right seat, being blown sideways. Made two go arounds and last one I made it, I slammed it so hard onto the runway I swore I broke something. Since then I've been practicing no flap landings and It seems to lessen the xwind drift, but does create some haste with how high the nose is.

Alex you got dual brakes on that thing?  

I don't know Brad, I am a CFI and flying right seat if you are not one is (at least perhaps) not a great idea.  Yes the brakes are an issue, but I would worry about an insurance claim.  I have a CFI buddy in Naples who owns a 172 that he rents.  Two guys who rented it from him had the one guy who had his private let his buddy fly left seat (no ticket) and they bent the plane on the landing.  Insurance said that the guy in left was acting as PIC so no insurance coverage.  Be careful!

• Like 1

We get to Daytona, its dark out, pretty city lights. ATC is busy so they are nervous for their first landing. It was a cool night, not a breeze anywhere, and weight in the back seats helps...I greased that landing like a lubed up pig in a KY wresting contest. Just pitch up slowly...slowly and just feel the rolling effect of the wheels. Not even a chirp from the tires. They were beyond amazed on how "safe" it was after I told them it was fine. Of course I was shouting in my head how good that was but kept a cool composure and told them that's normal.

16112810_1421309401226557_661667886529559609_o.jpg?oh=a73ff7875b0515f673286249646d382b&oe=5A4B770F

Who says Raptor was in the right seat?

ee028056f6db7051e389e060149061be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

My worst landing required 25 AMUs worth of repairs...