Best IFR Panel

GaryP1007

5 minutes ago, gsengle said:

Complete dynon hdx suite ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An all in one solution would be nice. I'm tired of cobbled together 2010s tech with 2ks tech with 60s tech all "kind of" working together through 15 adapter boxes that it takes a avionics tech 5 hours to figure out if something goes wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, peevee said:

An all in one solution would be nice. I'm tired of cobbled together 2010s tech with 2ks tech with 60s tech all "kind of" working together through 15 adapter boxes that it takes a avionics tech 5 hours to figure out if something goes wrong.

I have added minor things since but I spent $50k 5 years ago to go Aspen, GTN 750, GDL 88, JPI EDM 930. I already had and kept the S-TEC50 and the Stormscope 900. There are no intermediate devices or selection switches making things pretty intuitive. This is not the ultimate panel by far but considering that it is in a '66E It should be adequate for anyone looking to upgrade the panel in a similar airframe.

IMG_20160425_114528488.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kpaul said:

@Bob_Belvillenever misses a chance to post that picture.  It has to be the most posted on MS :) 

I'll have you know I post different pics. Of the same panel of course. But there are newbies to MS all the time who need to informed and inspired. Finally, @gsxrpilot brought it up. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

There is no such thing as "Best" panel. Everyone has different budgets and requirements. You will get more meaningful answer if you let us know a little bit about yourself, your plane, and your plan (in 3, 5, 10 years of time).

And after all the announcements that came out of recent Osh,  I am pretty certain that the definition of "Best" has changed quite a bit for most if not everyone living here.  

Given as how things are moving so fast with regard to glass pilot displays and autopilots we did a right side refresh recently. Gps radios,ADSB transponder,and an HSI.  Still almost 35 grand.  Ridiculous. 

IMG_0927.JPG

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jetdriven said:

Given as how things are moving so fast with regard to glass pilot displays and autopilots we did a right side refresh recently. Gps radios,ADSB transponder,and an HSI.  Still almost 35 grand.  Ridiculous. 

IMG_0927.JPG

I like those sandal HSI's. those are actually a pretty decent value in my opinion.  I like the display better than the aspen hsi I curently have.

10 hours ago, kmyfm20s said:

I love my panel lay out. I don't have to move my head at all in IMC. More redundancy than I know what to do with. 

IMG_4154.thumb.JPG.2ee1499f3bbb6628aaca414d0b605744.JPG

Your panel is more advanced than any of the fighter jets I've flown.  Ever think about strapping a AIM-120 or JDAM to that mooney ;)

• Like 2