Just a little rain

BradB

About 10yrs ago I lived in a condo that was directly under the approach path near KYIP. I remember watching FlightAware one stormy night and witnessed this crazy dude in a Mooney (I think the airline code was "Fast Air") zipping around storm cells. I could actually hear that aircraft flying overhead on its approach into KYIP. I was blown away how this guy would steer around these tiny cells, at NIGHT, with absolute precision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just another example of the havoc that social media has wrought on society. Let's turn every know-it-all Twitter jerkwad into an expert commentator on what's safe to do in an airplane...or a car, or a boat, or politics, or anything else they feel compelled to critique. Can you tell I'm not a fan?

• Like 1

HA! There is not a significant amount of vertical development in a hurracain. NOAA, NASA, and some military C130s do it all the time. Just a little rain is true. Now I wouldn't do it in anything piston driven, possibly even twin engine jet. Noaa's P-3s Miss Piggy and Kermit have about 1/4 inch of PRC slobbered on all of their leading edges. They have a really neat program.

Now how fast was Deltas the turn to depart!! Lol.

-Matt

40 minute turn and the track exiting the storm was cool - they went straight north to slight NNE prior to turning northwest- flying between two rain bands like flying up a valley. 

I also came to the sad conclusion that - why does every idiot in the word think they have a valuable opinion - when reading that twitter stiff.  Why can't folks just admit they have not a clue and leave it at that.  

• Like 1