Shop/mechanic in GA/SC that allows owner-assited oil change

terbang

Hi all,

after crossing the Atlantic one more time with our 252, we're in Charleston currently waiting for Irma to pass on. We need an oil change and are looking for a shop/mechanic to do that the owner-assisted way (and in safe distance to Irma). Back home we do it on our own, but we need some infrastructure here. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gunter

Gunter, Ashley (and Maria) Neboschick do not visit MS often but are active in Mooney Caravan (formation flying). They are based at KDYB (Summerville). I'll PM you an email, phone. Ashley is a CFII but I don't know that he does his own oil changes but he can advise on the local shops. 

Gunter, @terbang

Hello,  I am located at KIPJ (Lincolnto NC) about an hour up the Mooney road.  I would be happy to assist you with your oil change and I have all the necessary tools, pans, buckets and hanger for shade.  I can get you the oil and oil filter also if needed.  I have a K model 231.  I also have an A&P available if you need any other work done. PM me if I can be of assistance!

Ron

• Like 1

8 hours ago, terbang said:

Hi all,

after crossing the Atlantic one more time with our 252, we're in Charleston currently waiting for Irma to pass on. We need an oil change and are looking for a shop/mechanic to do that the owner-assisted way (and in safe distance to Irma). Back home we do it on our own, but we need some infrastructure here. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gunter

Hello Gunter,

Did your Mooney used to belong to Karl-Heinz Zahorsky?  The registration looks familiar.

Clarence

On 9/6/2017 at 6:07 PM, M20Doc said:

Hello Gunter,

Did your Mooney used to belong to Karl-Heinz Zahorsky?  The registration looks familiar.

Clarence

Hi Clarence,

yes, you're  right, we bought her a little over five years ago. It's already the second time we flew her to the US.

BTW Karl-Heinz has a Malibu now and he is currently on a RTW trip!

Gunter

Edited by terbang

On 9/6/2017 at 7:45 PM, carusoam said:

Welcome to the US, Gunter.

Keep an eye on the Hurricanes while you are here.  They have a tendency to follow the coastlines...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks! We moved well inland. Our Mooney is in a hangar in KDNN, Georgia now. No Hurricans over in Europe, but I think we ran into one big time!

• Like 1