New Mooney 201 prebuy

SkipSS

I'm a new member looking to buy a 1993 201 and need a prebuy, then likely some planned work resulting in an annual. I'm new to this but see Daytona is a good option and it is reasonably close.  Other recommendations or wisdom?  It's a low time airframe and for some years never flew. 

I would also like to be put on the southeast Florida email list as well. 

Scott

Welcome aboard Scott.

One rule some people follow regarding PPIs is to use a different shop than the one that is currently doing its maintenance.

JC from Daytona, an MSC, is around here often.  He has listed a plane for sale that he brought up to a very nice finish level. He is an excellent resource and a wealth of knowledge.

There is a Florida Mooney Flyers group around here as well. you can find their fly in schedule posted and updated often.  I believe searching for the name Ruth, Dave and @fantom will probably locate what you are looking for...

It will probably help if you update your avatar data...

Best regards,

-a-

• Suggest scheduling a prebuy after Irma passes.
  • Jake Clemments is DOM at Daytona Aircraft Service, very knowledgeable and fair. One of the Mooney Summit sponsors, Has a Spruce Creek location also
  • email David Taisch daveanruth AT Aol.com to be put on the Florida Mooney lunch group email list. Dave doesnt frequent here.
  • Is the plane located in FL?
  • budget in Mooney transition training. It will save you the cost in operational and ownership wi$dom

36 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

And I'll add that if you or the plane are in Florida there could be no better choice for your transition training than our own @mike_elliott himself.

You will love the 201. 

Jim

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. Lately, I have been doing more out of state (AZ, TX, NC, GA, CA) training than FL, but working at home is nice, albeit this is not the best time of year here for transition training.

1 hour ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I don't know, Mike.  Flying in Florida in the summertime is kind of like the New York that Frank Sinatra sang of. "If I can make it there, I'm gone make it anywhere". :)

You should have tried Phoenix a couple of weeks ago when it was 102 at 4 AM

Scott, you're gonna love the MSE :wub: and you've been put on the FL luncheon mailing list.

Note,  he fly-in to LAL for today is off. ;) Back in the day, the Air Force had me flying monsoon season missions in this crap and I had no vote in their decision.

Where in FL are you located?

Hope your ready for a visit from Irma. We're getting gusts to about 35 knots and light rain in Ft. Lauderdale right now. Looks like the west coast of FL may get hit hard, and the Keys are being hammered.

Here we go.....