No XM Weather Today G-1000

Txbyker

I thought I saw a thread where someone suddenly didn't have XM for an area they were flying.  Today I flew one leg of a trip this morning with full XM weather on the G-1000.  On the return trip I had no XM.  On the weather page it said "waiting on data".   I called XM when I landed and they said I should try refreshing the signal.  Why?  It worked hours earlier and for the last 4 years.  I had to rely on FIS-B weather on the iPad.

Russ

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, Txbyker said:

I thought I saw a thread where someone suddenly didn't have XM for an area they were flying.  Today I flew one leg of a trip this morning with full XM weather on the G-1000.  On the return trip I had no XM.  On the weather page it said "waiting on data".   I called XM when I landed and they said I should try refreshing the signal.  Why?  It worked hours earlier and for the last 4 years.  I had to rely on FIS-B weather on the iPad.

Russ

The XM receiver my have lost the authorization code or expired for WX reception. When you refresh you get the code again for your receiver.

José

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I did some research, called both Garmin and XM.  They both said send a refresh.  I have never had this issue in over 4 years in the plane or any of my cars.  It is strange, like a light switch, one flight it works, the next it doesn't.

There is a screen on the AUX page where you view XM music channels.  I did not realize but there is an INFO soft button that shows the status of your aviation weather subscription and signal.  I sent a refresh and mine showed strong signal.  I then pressed the lock button and now I have weather again.  If you don't lock it, you still won't see the weather even though you have a signal.

Russ