Suggestions for airport/Robert Trent Jones golf?

Looking at flying to Alabama and doing some golf.  Airport/course suggestions for Robert Trent Jones Trail?  Experiences good...preferred.  Looking to fantasize about green grass, raked traps and southern hospitality as I have just about had it with this Iowa winter and the cold, brown leafless landscape...that is now muddy.  Thanks for airport/course suggestions!Cool  Scott

If you are lookin  to golf in North Alabama KMDQ should be the closest to Hampton Cove.

Disclaimer: I don't have any thing to do with golf, I'm of the mind that "it is a good walk spoiled"

Just had a retreat into winter temps this week You might want to look further south.

http://www.rtjgolf.com/

http://www.mceaa.org/

Funny you should ask. I live in Atlanta and put together a list of all the RTJ golf courses and the closest associated airport. Of all the airports listed below, the only ones I've flown into are 3M5 (Moontown, great grass strip, haven't tried it in the J), KGAD, KDHN, KEKY and KAUO.  That said:

Hampton Cove - 3M5 (or you could do KMDQ if you don't like grass, but Moontown is awesome!)

Silver Lakes - KGAD

Auburn/Opelika - KAUO (easy 5 minute drive to the Marriott courses, this is the only one I've actually done the fly-to-golf trip)

Highland Oaks - KDHN (Dothan is a big airport, and friendly. Stop at Eufala for gas.)

Muscle Shoals - KMSL

Oxmoor and Ross Bridge - KEKY

Capitol Hill - 1A9

Cambrian Ridge - KPRN

Magnolia Grove - KMOB

Lakewood GC - 4RY