Winter Haven Lunch pirep

BKlott

Happy Labor Day! Michelle and I flew over to Winter Haven KGIF for lunch today at the Flightline Cafe. She had the California Chicken Club sandwich and sweet potato fries. Having plainer tastes, I went for the Steak Sandwich with regular fries. My steak had just a nice twinge of flavor to it. Couldn't finish the fries because I was full. 

We both felt the food was excellent. They even had a guitarist come in and he started playing as we were getting ready to leave. His first number was "Misty" and he sounded really good. I would have stayed to listen but the forecast was for some weather after 1:00pm and I didn't want to push my luck.

Purchased Full Serve AVGAS while having lunch. They discount your fuel price by .20 per gallon if you eat in the restaurant. Thought $3.92 for full serve was well worth it. Didn't feel like standing out in the sun anyway.

As we approached Hidden Lake, we had one shower down by Lake Tarpon and the Lynx was showing some good radar returns up North, to the East of Crystal River. Neither was a factor but it was starting to build up pretty good. 

Saw a Luscombe landing at Winter Haven. It looked like either an 8E or 8F model. Don't seem to see them flying very often. Keeping with that theme for the day, there was a Cessna 190 / 195 at the fuel pumps when we got back to Hidden Lake. A nice ending to a decent day of flying.

Edited by BKlott