ForeFlight Aero layer obscures mandatory reporting points

Oldguy

Just upgraded to the Plus version of ForeFlight with the Aero layer and other assorted goodies. When planning a trip this morning, I realized HEFIN on V18 between KATL and KANB appeared to be just another way point with IFR and Aero layers active. Fortunately, I know it is a mandatory reporting point, although that is unclear if the Aero layer is active.

I have submitted this observation to ForeFlight. While I expect the number of mandatory reporting points are few, missing one is likely frowned upon by ATC.

This may not affect anyone, but this is just and FYI.

• Like 1

I think oldguy means that there's no differentiation of IFR waypoints in the aero layer without turning in the IFR low enroute chart layer.

I had a similar issue with the airspace altitudes not being depicted for Class C/B/D airspace when they first came out with the aero map- a month later they incorporated the feature.   Very responsive.  

IMG_5479.PNG

IMG_5480.PNG

IMG_5481.PNG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bradp said:

I think oldguy means that there's no differentiation of IFR waypoints in the aero layer without turning in the IFR low enroute chart layer.

I had a similar issue with the airspace altitudes not being depicted for Class C/B/D airspace when they first came out with the aero map- a month later they incorporated the feature.   Very responsive.  

Correct as well as anytime you hae both the Aero and IFR layers actie, HEFIN shows no difference than LAYIN or ARPPE.

I have already received a response from FF. Got it less than an hour after submission. Their Product Management team is reviewing.

There has never been a problem with FF customer service on issues like this.